Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closer look at simulator

Hi,

I'm enjoying the simulator thus far. I been spending some time playing around with it. And I sat down and thought of every possible idea to make the simulator the most feature-rich in existence. I do admit that some of these would probably be more appropriate for Ninjatrader 9. Hey, we can't put all the good stuff in NinjaTrader 8 . I do admit that these features are seriously going to spoiled the user .

1.) Accounts that don't reset prematurely: It would be nice if I can create an account and place trades on it, with the ability to move forward in time without the account balance resetting without my intention. NJ8 does allow user to create an account, but it resets when I don't want it to. Basically, if I touch the bar, it will reset.

2.) Replay button: This would be great when you have months of data and moving the bar back would easily allow you to go back too far. Ninjatrader does offer a goto command which I find pretty useful, but it would be quicker if I have a replay button that would allow me to go back a preset numbers of bars like 3, 2, 1, or whatever the user prefer. Also, it would be great if it would update the account as if you were actually in that part of time. It would also be great if I can move forward by a few bars too. It is logical that it would be one bar at a time, but it would be great if we leave the user the option. I think that the left key should allow you to go back and the right key allows you to go forward. Currently, when you press those keys, it would move you forward or backwards by a second.

3.) Playing only a set of ranges: Let say that you're a scalper and only trade between 7:00 a.m. ET til 11:00 a.m. EST on weekdays. This feature would allow you to automatically fast-forward to that timeframe when it moves from that span.

4.) Variable spreads: I'm assuming that this would require a file so big that it isn't worth the benefit. It would also be great if the commissions were included.

5.) The play button: Pushing the play button the first time would return things to regular speed. The second time will pause the action and the third time will return back to the action at the fast speed that it was set to before.

6.) A way to minimize the playback dialog box: It gets in the way.
    Last edited by BernWillChris; 07-31-2015, 08:57 AM.

Hi BernWillChris,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have sent them to the development team for consideration.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post yertle
    by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes