Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comment on the interface and look

Hi

I have just started using the beta and I just want to let you know my first impression after about an hour of using it.
    First of all I really appreciate that a lot of the annoying interface limitations (and frustrations) of NT7 have been solved. For example selecting multiple strategies for deletion,the customization of the chart time-frame and many more....

However I am sorry if this is going to sound harsh but I don't like the look of NT8. I believe heavy use of gradient and shadows makes the application look dated and out of place on modern operating systems (From Windows 7 to 10), alongside modern applications (Visual studio 2013, recent versions of Office, Skype, Spotify....) and modern websites. I am also not a fan of bold fonts being currently used in most menus.
    NT7 had a minimalist timeless look which was fine with me.

It's purely cosmetic and not that important but I can't help but voice my disappointment.

Chris.

I tend to agree with you Chris

Comment

Originally posted by christophe View Post
      I believe heavy use of gradient and shadows makes the application look dated .
      I just figured out the option to change the default skin to get rid of the gradient.
      It makes things better but I still find the look odd compared to current modern applications.

I also feels like there's a lot of spacing between text items in menus and grids when compared to Visual studio (or NT7). I can keep my NT7 windows pretty small before a scroll bar is needed, but a similar sized windows on NT8 will contain less information and might show scroll bar.

Comment

Hello christophe,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward this along to our product development team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JonesJoker  
        Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post timko