8.0.0.3 Renko not Break at EOD Very Slow, Huge RAM usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.0.3 Renko not Break at EOD Very Slow, Huge RAM usage

Here is a very boring 5 minute Jing video showing this issue: http://screencast.com/t/wcLE9uxatI

1. Cleared all Renko bars out of ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\CME US Index Futures ETH.US Eastern Standard Time\TICK\ES 09-15

2. Chart ES 09-15 Renko with 21 Brick size, 1000 days to load: less than 30 seconds to build, less than 300 MB RAM usage.

3. Clear the "Break at EOD" box. Now about 7 minutes to load (yes, it did finish at about 2 minutes past the end of the Jing video. RAM grew to 4.1 GB).

I hope you can duplicate this, if you think it's a problem.

Best regards,
    Dale

Hi dalebru,

Thanks for the post.

When I watch your video, it appears as if you are not connected (I do not see a green connection light in the lower left of your Control Center)

If you are not connected when attempting this test, it would mean that the information is attempting to load from your historical data which is located in (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db > tick.> ES 09-15. The cache file which you deleted would not affect this test.

With that said, I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end when connected to a live data feed.
    • Can you reproduce this behavior when connected to a live connection?
    • Can you provide me with the tick data from your historical tick data folder for the ES 09-15 so I may try to reproduce your results on my end?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Hi dalebru,

Thanks for the post.

When I watch your video, it appears as if you are not connected (I do not see a green connection light in the lower left of your Control Center)

If you are not connected when attempting this test, it would mean that the information is attempting to load from your historical data which is located in (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db > tick.> ES 09-15. The cache file which you deleted would not affect this test.

With that said, I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end when connected to a live data feed.
      • Can you reproduce this behavior when connected to a live connection?
      • Can you provide me with the tick data from your historical tick data folder for the ES 09-15 so I may try to reproduce your results on my end?
      I did a clean install, connected to Rithmic and redid the test.
      The video is at: http://screencast.com/t/uojNvzEtPAT
      This time RAM only grew to 2+ GB
      By being connected I am apparently re-downloading the data each time.
      If you need my historical data, you can copy it from https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lk&usp=sharing. About 6 GB, copied from \db\tick\ Please let me know when you're done with it so I can delete it.

Comment

Hi dalebru,

Thanks for the followup.

I am still unable to reproduce this, however I do not have the same access to historical data on my test Rithmic connection as you do.

I am attempting to download the information you provided on Google Drive, however it has been quite some time and it is still in the "zipping" phase.

Can you please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com referencing this thread and also reference ticket number: 1362151 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920