Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few things noticed

overall a much stabler platform.
    The Lag issues of ver 7 single thread are much better now running on multiple threads.

Single window multiple tabs is good. suggestion: ask to confirm closing the charts when the 'x' is pressed. too many times have i closed a tab by accident while clicking quickly. Further, the ability to migrate a tab through drag and drop would be helpful.

Y margin: please enable a way to Right mouse click to move chart up or down. like the ver 7 feature of pressing ctrl and left clicking to drag up or down.

when not connected to a data feed and a chart is reloaded for data an error pops up stating 'My CQG: system cannot process the request for the current software version (Panic)'. please clarify that no data feed is enabled.

Also a quick key to 'Flatten Everything" would be helpful.

Will there be a way to migrate ver 7 custom indicators to ver 8?
    i tried loading simple moving averages, histograms, and the like and they would not load onto ver 8. will there be a way to transfer them over? Or will they have to be rebuilt for the new version?

Originally posted by MeandI View Post

Will there be a way to migrate ver 7 custom indicators to ver 8?
    i tried loading simple moving averages, histograms, and the like and they would not load onto ver 8. will there be a way to transfer them over? Or will they have to be rebuilt for the new version?
    No. You need to change the code.

Comment

I assume that is an overhaul that has to happen and not just a few lines of coding to make ver 8 recognise the indicator?

Comment

Well, a lot of things are different. They are documented/explained here:

Comment

Hi MeandI,

Thanks for the post.

As Sledge mentioned, your code will need to be changed according to the link he provided.

You can still adjust the vertical scale by using the CTRL+left-click-and-drag method. The right-click is used to access the scale's properties.

You can set up a hotkey to flatten everything by going to Tools > Hot Keys > Global > Set a hot key for "Flatten Everything" > OK.

I will forward your other suggestions to the development team for consideration in future versions of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Single window multiple tabs is good. suggestion: ask to confirm closing the charts when the 'x' is pressed. too many times have i closed a tab by accident while clicking quickly.
            There is an option for this. Tools -> Options... -> General Category -> first option " Comfirm on window or tab close"

Further, the ability to migrate a tab through drag and drop would be helpful.
            if you're talking about arranging the tabs in a specific order you can click and drag any tab you want to move and reposition it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Irukandji  
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post adeelshahzad