Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Editor Reports Exception

Hello,

as attached, I see the ModelViewViewModel of NT gets broken once I opened the playback mode to the Script Editor.
    Here you have the part of the trace file that tells me this:

2015-08-01 22:36:36:150 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2015-08-01 22:36:36:150 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2015-08-01 22:36:36:165 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.Editor.EditorViewModel .ApplyProperties()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.Editor.EditorViewModel ..ctor(EditorView owner, UIElement treeView)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.Editor.EditorView..cto r()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.<OnNinjaScriptEditor >b__f1()
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    2015-08-01 22:36:46:404 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    I need to stress that, once this error has occured, I can no longer open the script editor even in safe mode !

Thank you very much for your attention,
    Andrew
    Attached Files

Hello nientenickgraze,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you please clarify what steps you took that result in this?
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After the palyback NinjaEditor stopped working...

Thank you Brandon for your response.

I had cancelled the database first (removed phisically files from the db NT8 folder) after that I re-downloaded the db files from my IQFeed data feeder account (tick, day, minute) and the NinjaScript editor crashed genertaing the error.

I hope this may help you: from the help file I see you used MVVM design pattern to create NT8 app, could it not be a correct separation between the layers ? Data layer and presentation layer seem somehow corrupted. Of course, these are my 2 cents.

Thank you
      Andrea

Comment

Hi nientenickgraze,

I am unable to reproduce this thus far using the steps you mentioned. I might be missing a step somewhere. Can you record a video and send that to me so I can follow along?

Go ahead and send that to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. In the body of the message, please put "ATTN: Alex" and the URL for this forum thread.

Thank you!
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes