Few Items & Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Items & Windows 10

• Just set up NT8 last night on a Windows 10 system.
    • Thus far no problem noted as far as the relation between the two.
    • On a side note, in regard to Windows 10, if you decide to install it, and value your privacy, do not go through the normal process but rather choose to customize the process. Doing so will give you the options to Opt Out of various privacy items offered.
    • Now, onto some of the things I noticed on NT8 within a very short period of time. And please forgive me if some of those issues have been addressed previously.
    • 1. Chart - Bar Timer - The bar timer is only available on a. On bar close, b. on each tick or c. on price change It seems that we can't get a real time remaining as we did in NT7
    • 2. Fibonacci/Drawing In NT7 we were able to save a set of drawing we created as Default. Now it is saved as templates and there is too many steps to load the newly created drawing (i.e. drop down menu in previous version), in this case Fibonacci retracements.
    • 3. Application password lock option One item I mentioned to support a long time ago, is the creation of a password protected application option so we can walk away from our trading station and lock it down
    • 4. Trade Performance page I am unable to combine my trades according to strategies as on NT7. Even with the strategy check box checked, it does not combine the trades. Furthermore, under the graph options and net profits, each trade is broken down individually and not combined per ATM Strategy.
    • 5. Commissions a. Under Tools, Instruments, Instrument Properties, no commissions option is showing. b. Under Tools, Options, Trading, the Apply commissions to PnL calculations is not showing.
    • 6. Super DOM window Not able to scroll within the entire window, ONLY able to scroll while hovering over either the actual DOM, volume column or PnL.
    • 7. New Volume option within the DOM. Not quite sure if the time value of the instrument is accurate. i.e. RTH vs 24/7 with a clear of data at 12:00AM
    Last edited by dowgold; 08-04-2015, 10:29 AM.

Hello dowgold,

Thanks for the post.
    1. The bar timer in NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 will only update on an incoming tick of data. It is not affected by the calculate settings. You can test this by loading an instrument with low volume,

2. There is one additional click introduced in the saving, loading, and selecting of templates. The new format also allows cleaner navigation if you have many templates by displaying in columns and a horizontal scroll feature

3. I will forward this suggestion to the development team for consideration in future versions on NinjaTrader

4. The ability to group and un-group trades by ATM strategy created many issues. Trades are now un-grouped by default. You can still filter trade information by template.

5. Instrument and connection level commissions are now all configured from Tools > Commissions

6. This would be the intended and expected behavior. The window should not scroll when the mouse is in the margin, but only when it is over the price ladder or another column

7. The time value will match the session template of the instrument by default or a user-defined template. Can you demonstrate a discrepancy?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 08-05-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

1. The only difference is that in NT 7, we can set bar close to true OR false
      2. Still no way to save the NEW default
      3. Thank you
      4. In NT 7 when we look at per trade, it automatically group them per template/ATM strategy. This is no longer the case in NT 8 or it is not working properly
      5. Please look at point b. (second phrase in the paragraph)
      6. Then why was this the case in NT 7? Furthermore, it was much better since we could scroll within the window without worrying of placing an order! Why the change?
      7. Since a restart, seems to be working properly.

Comment

Hi dowgold,
        1. Please see my edit to the first response. BarTimer is not affected by the calculate setting and will only update on an incoming tick of data.

For the calculate settings in general:Yes, this is correct. This was a binary option in NinjaTrader 7. True = calculate on bar close, False = calculate on each tick. Both of these are options in NinjaTrader 8, and there is now an additional option within NinjaTrader 8: Calculate on price change.

2. As is the case in NinjaTrader 7, re-saving the template as "Default" will save your settings as default. Double-left click on the drawing object > Make you desired changes > Click on "template" in the lower right and then "save" > Save as "Default".

3. You're welcome

4. See below

5. This option no longer applies as commissions are set per account now. If you go to the Accounts tab of your Control Center > Right-click on the account name > Edit account > Select a commission template you wish to use > OK. Now any orders placed using that account will use the commission settings you have set up.

6. See Below

7. Thank you for the update

Regarding points 4 and 6: these changes were made based on user feedback, but we are always open to further feedback on how we may improve the platform. Thanks you for your input, and I will forward this to the development team for consideration.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 08-05-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

1. Thank you for the clarification. CLOSED
          2. I actually figure it out last night, but thank you. Actually like the new update. CLOSED
          3. CLOSED
          4. An update on this later would be greatly appreciate since my ATM Strategy show up on a per lot basis vs on a per trade basis.
          5. Absolutely love the way this is done in NT 8. Much much better. CLOSED
          6. Just different, so used to the previous version
          7. CLOSED

Patrick, Thank you for the updates and quick response. You guys have done an amazing job on this new redesign. Don't even want to go back to 7.

I'll keep posting once I noticed any potential issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920