Cross pointer performance issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross pointer performance issue

The movement of the pointer is extremely slow when moving, and it increases cpu utilisation quite a bit. Please attached images.

Beta 3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eebene; 08-05-2015, 05:28 AM. Reason: Forgot version

Thanks for posting.

Can you please send me your workspace and trace and log so we could analyze your setup.

You can do this via the Control Center > Help > Email Support and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line and reference this post.

Thank You.

Comment

Brett, I am also seeing same behavior on my end (beta3). It also ramps CPU usage massively when we get volume surges like market open as it redraws the chart.

Comment

Hi AlexJetski,

Can you also send in your workspace, log, and trace files as mentioned by Brett below? Having a couple of different cases to test will be useful to us.

Thank you.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

eebene,

In your trace I find the following:

2015-08-03 20:27:02:373 DirectX Rendering=SW

This means that the crosshair is being rendered by the CPU. I understand you might be running on some VM software. Any settings on the VM software you can tweak to upgrade the video performance of the VM since this directly affects the crosshair performance. Having a video card that can do the rendering will improve performance. Normally there is a setting in the VM to allow it to utilize more video resources. (Sometimes associated with "Gamer" mode)

I also will run some tests with your workspace to see if we can find anything that might be negatively impacting you.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 08-05-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
            eebene,

In your trace I find the following:

2015-08-03 20:27:02:373 DirectX Rendering=SW

This means that the crosshair is being rendered by the CPU. I understand you might be running on some VM software. Any settings on the VM software you can tweak to upgrade the video performance of the VM since this directly affects the crosshair performance. Having a video card that can do the rendering will improve performance. Normally there is a setting in the VM to allow it to utilize more video resources. (Sometimes associated with "Gamer" mode)

I also will run some tests with your workspace to see if we can find anything that might be negatively impacting you.
            Hi Brett,

Indeed I am using a Virtual Machine, however, I am inclined to believe that this issue may be specific to Ninjatrader 8 beta3, for the following reasons:

* I setup another virtual machine, DirectX enabled, with Windows 8.1, in which I installed both Ninjatrader 7 and 8 beta3. Within this setup Ninjatrader 7 pointer behavior normally, while Ninjatrader 8 did not.

* A similar test was done in another virtual machine, DirectX enabled, with Windows 10, again in Ninjatrader 7 pointer behavior normally, while Ninjatrader 8 did not.

Note that the in both test environments, the log was reflecting: DirectX Rendering=SW

Comment

Hi Brett,

I concur with eebene. I am running Fusion 7. Tried on both Win8.1 and Win10, this time with directX disabled and same lag in crosshairsl in NT8. NT7 has never has such issues.

Comment

Thanks.

NinjaTrader 8 uses WPF while NinjaTrader 7 uses WinForms thus it's not an apples to apples comparison. Thus the crosshair performance is slower on VM's where rendering is software driven vs GPU driven.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Max238
                by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses