SUGGESTION: Improvements to Code-Breaking Changes Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUGGESTION: Improvements to Code-Breaking Changes Documentation

There are some rather severe code-breaking changes that either aren't documented at all, or where the documentation that is there isn't as easy to find as it should be. So the suggestion is to make these more "page one, above the fold news":

1) The new requirement to put classes that are abstract (non-instantiable) subclasses of Indicator, Strategy (or of any other Framework classes) in the AddOns folder [this is completely undocumented, as far as I can find -- I had to search through the forum posts to discover how to solve this issue]

2) The fact that user-configurable parameters implemented as C# properties must use a very different attribute model than was used in all previous versions of NT -- and of course, what the new attributes are and how to use them. Again, as far as I could find, this is completely undocumented, and I had to search through forum posts to find a full explanation.

3) The new way to associate descriptive text (for use in presenting an explanation to the user regarding what something is and should be used for) with an Indicator, Strategy, etc.

Thanks!

Hi strategesis,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have reported these to the development team for consideration.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by strategesis View Post

3) The new way to associate descriptive text (for use in presenting an explanation to the user regarding what something is and should be used for) with an Indicator, Strategy, etc.

Thanks!
      I wanted to check back with you and let you know that the new property attributes will be documented with the next version of the help guide, which should go live alongside the next beta build, barring any changes in the meantime.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238
      by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      1 response