Feature request: UI cleanups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: UI cleanups

- NT8 introduced a padding around the chart, please remove that. It makes no sense to take away the title bar ,and then waste space on the chart padding.

- Allow to set the tabs on the top.

- Hide the tab close 'x' by default, to prevent accidental close, it is a rarely used function.

- The instrument, timeframe combo box shows the text "select", hiding the combobox current selection , please remove that.

- If possible remove the combo box border on the chart toolbar.

- If possible , give up the 'thin' selection type, and return back to the highlight rectangle selection: When the mouse is over the icons, highlight the background, this is especially touchy on the chart timeframe selection: selecting timeframes with '1' is rather hard, relative to the bigger surfaced 10, 20, 100 etc numbers.

Hi dotnet,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have reported these to the development team for consideration.

I would like to note on your third suggestion, however, that you can check the 'Confirm on window or tab close' option under the Tools > Options menu to prevent accidentally closing tabs. Your request for an option to hide that button has still been noted, however.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlexC; 08-06-2015, 09:44 AM.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

other things

- It would be great to make the windows control buttons (maximize, minimize, close) borderless , and differentiate the intervall, instrument link from each other with some mnemonic.

- If possible , bring back the chart trader on/off button (remove the 'Chart trader (hidden)' menu, and make that button on/off switch) so the user can bring up the chart trader with 1 click.

- There is a slowness when the indicators window is opened: Most likely every indicator initialization method is called -> if possible use lazy loading to smooth the user experience. (initialize only the selected indicator, do not pre-initialize everything)

- Regarding properties window (in the options window , or everywhere else):
      Draw horizontal line (or other visual clue) per category group to help readability.

- I would suggest to remove "options/market data/show tick replay" option. This checkbox (tick replay) should be always visible at the dataseries , unchecked by default.

Comment

Hi dotnet,

Thanks, I passed along your additional suggestions.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

+1 to dotnets suggestions

Comment

[QUOTE=dotnet;422173
            - There is a slowness when the indicators window is opened: Most likely every indicator initialization method is called -> if possible use lazy loading to smooth the user experience. (initialize only the selected indicator, do not pre-initialize everything)
            .[/QUOTE]

At times (but only rarely) we had been experiencing that as well, but had been unable to pin the underlying issue. Right now on my 3 year old laptop it's < 1 second on first show. On consecutive tries it's even a bit faster (expected due to how .NET works). I categorize that behavior as 'acceptable' and 'expected'. However, on rare, non reproducible occasions we have seen a multi-second delay.

Hence I wonder what your observations are?
            - is it consistent and reproducible?
            - how many seconds is the delay?
            - is it different on 2nd try?

Thanks

Comment

The second window opening somewhat faster, but still there is a 'waiting time'.
              For example the output window gives an astounding 4 second waiting time to open up the first time.

In the mean time, I started to use custom wpf windows in NT addons, and these windows opening time is zero every time, which indicate that the NT builtin windows could be much faster, it is not the computer, or wpf to blame for the slowness. The problem most likely around serialisation or dinamic resource loading/xaml parsing.

Comment

Hi dotnet,

Thanks, I have submitted your suggestions to the development team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bmartz
                by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes