Indicators dialog cosmetic suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators dialog cosmetic suggestion

You are trying for a lean, spare look. That is good, but there is one piece of unnecessary clutter I'd suggest you remove -- the frame around unselected parameters such numeric and string.

Having a frame when the field is selected is fine as is -- it is a good idea.

The problem comes when the field is unselected. Then the frame serves no useful purpose, and makes the dialog look quite cluttered. The frame around unselected fields should be removed, at least visually. Perhaps just make it transparent -- that would be both easy and effective.

You might want to consider the same spirit for the dropdowns, but that is a separate topic. Just fixing the plain fields would help a lot.

--EV

Hi ETFVoyageur,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you attach a screenshot of the field in question?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      Hi ETFVoyageur,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you attach a screenshot of the field in question?
      OK -- here's a junky experimental test one (no need to ask what in the world I am thinking of ) This has several examples, such as Supply a string value, Length, Height, Value line smoothing length, Signal line smoothing length, Transparency, Signal length, Input series .

I suggest the dialog would look a lot cleaner without those useless black outlines. It looks to me as if any field I can edit has the issue. Outlining when selected, as you do now, is quite sufficient.

I presume that some skins entry controls that -- can you tell me which one?

--EV
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 08-10-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hello ETFVoyageur,

Thank you for your response.

I will forward your suggestion along.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn