Feature Request: Default trade type in DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Default trade type in DOM

This has been with NinjaTrader since at least v6.5, and it's been very annoying to me since then.

When you left-click on a buy or sell column in the DOM, it always assumes you want a limit order. To me, this is simply ridiculous. If I click on a BUY at a price higher than the market, the assumption should be for a STOP order, not a LIMIT order.

I've accidentally entered at-market trades on more than one occasion because of this -- my intended STOP order entered as a LIMIT order which was converted to a MARKET order and it's always followed by loud cursing at NinjaTrader.

I know there's the shift-click behavior, but is that really necessary? The type of order should default based on the price where you're entering the order. I mean if your order is outside the market (ie higher than market for a BUY, or lower than market for a SELL), a LIMIT order will fill immediately. It should be a STOP order.

At the very least there should be a warning -- similar to how the chart trader prevents you from entering STOP orders inside the market (ie lower than market for BUY, etc.). I've hit this one many times because I often trade within a few ticks of the market. And while I'm trying to enter an order the market will move. Then I get the popup about STOP orders not being allowed inside the market -- followed by loud cursing at NinjaTrader as the market takes off and I miss the opportunity.

Just a few thoughts...

Hi nsymms,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have forwarded these to the development team for consideration.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED
    by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes