Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator description box has disappeared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator description box has disappeared.

I noticed that the indicator description text box that is at the bottom of the Properties section of the Indicators dialog box in NT7 is missing in NT8. Is this an oversight or purposeful?

I personally liked having the descriptions available for indicators that Im not familiar with..

Another small thing: I can no longer just hit enter twice to close dialog boxes in Charts - I have to click on OK with the mouse cursor.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ours_solaire; 08-12-2015, 08:30 AM. Reason: added information

They evidently thought that rendering the description as a tooltip is a better way.

One problem I find with that is tooltips do not remain up long enough to read a long one. The description box was better for that.

Suggestion to NT developers: tooltips for long descriptions should remain up longer, or until the user moves the mouse, whichever happens first.

--EV

Comment

Hello ours_solaire,

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded the item on the ENTER button on the Keyboard to close windows when pressed twice to development.

For the description, it is no longer located on the bottom of the parameters but is viewed when you select the small 'i' on the top of the "Available" column name for the list of indicators. Please see the attached image.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-12-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Hello ETFVoyageur,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your suggestion on tooltips to our development team.

Comment

I totally missed that! Thanks Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
            Hello ours_solaire,

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded the item on the ENTER button on the Keyboard to close windows when pressed twice to development.

For the description, it is no longer located on the bottom of the parameters but is viewed when you select the small 'i' on the top of the "Available" column name for the list of indicators. Please see the attached image.
            I missed it too. Not sure if I prefer that to the way it was in NT7, but at least it does negate the issue of the tooltip not staying up, at least for the indicator proper.

However, given that sometimes I have parameters with long descriptions, I would second ETFV's suggestion to be able to see tooltips better.

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for the tip about the "I". I had never noticed that. Some observations:
              • I just measured and in the Indicators dialog I have up on my screen that is 6.5" away from the bottom of the "Available" list. I could quite reasonably make the "Available" list taller, in which case the distance grows to 10" or more. That is way too far to expect users to make the association.
              • What I did try, and what is not supported is to hover for a tooltip. The "I" button is fine, but could NT please provide a tooltip as well?
              • The "i" button does not work for indicators in the "Configured" pane. How about putting an "i" button on the header for that pane as well?
              • There is plenty of room for a description textbox at the bottom of the left column. That would result in three items in that column: "Available", "Configured", and the textbox for the description of the selected indicator.

It also occurs to me to wonder whether the "Properties" header also needs an "i" button to better handle long tooltips.

--EV

Comment

Thank you for the additional items!

Comment

We are tracking these suggestions under SFT-608.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Hasadafa  
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive