Playback Data - setting range issue with dropdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Data - setting range issue with dropdown

If I connect to my Playback Data and set the Start date range and begin my strategy. It will revert to the first date of my data rather than the date I set in the dropdown. This was working in Beta 2. I can work around it, if I move the slider below, then set the start date.

A nice to have, would be if I set the start and end date dropdowns - the slider would scale to only that range. If it is supposed to be doing this, it is current not.

regards,
    Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank you for reporting.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue on my end so far. I downloaded playback data for last week and then connected to the Playback connection. However the slider adjusts as per the start and end dates I have entered. If I subsequently add and enable the SampleMACrossOver strategy, it does not make a difference.

My PC clock is set to US Mountain time zone, so a start time of 10:00 PM the previous day is as expected.

Does the issue occur for you as soon as you enable the automated strategy? Or does the slider experiences the issue earlier?

Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently? If so, please provide me step by step instructions, so I can further test it on my end.

For what dates do you have Playback data present?
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It occurs every time. I have playback data from 5/18 to yesterday. I made a video so you can see exactly what is occurring.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I opened the Historic Data so you could see that data - before connecting and showing you how the Playback Data works. I am using Market Replay data

Comment

Originally posted by MarketAlly View Post
        It occurs every time. I have playback data from 5/18 to yesterday. I made a video so you can see exactly what is occurring.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I opened the Historic Data so you could see that data - before connecting and showing you how the Playback Data works. I am using Market Replay data
        Is this imported from nt7 or downloaded?

Comment

And i also have major issues on imported data from nt7.
          It doesn't work. Same with the other guy there in my post.

Comment

It worked fine in Beta 2 and I had imported it from NT7 to Beta 2. But when I moved to Beta 3 - the issue happened.

Comment

Originally posted by MarketAlly View Post
              It worked fine in Beta 2 and I had imported it from NT7 to Beta 2. But when I moved to Beta 3 - the issue happened.
              I started fresh again.

B3 had major playback fixes. No one said of it spilled over into the import portion.

Comment

@ MarketAlly

Unfortunately the link to your video does not seem to work. I think Screencast currently has issues - I cannot access their website either.

@ sledge

Unfortunately your link directs me to the main page of Issue and Bug Reports. Is this the exact same issue as described in this thread - slider does not scale properly as per the start and end dates selected?

Comment

I was able to view the video. The date in the upper right corner of the Playback window does not change for you when you switch the Start date. This causes the issue with the slider. I do not experience such behavior on my end when I test it in Beta 3. The date in the upper right corner adjusts each time I select a different start date.

Are you able to reproduce the issue after an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader 8?

Comment

Should I uninstall and reinstall? If so, will I lose my MarketReplay data? If I select repair from the COntrol Panel > Uninstall app - will my data be ok?

Comment

You will not lose your Market Replay data. It is saved under Documents-->NinjaTrader 8. This will folder remains intact when you uninstall NinjaTrader 8 from Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features.

Make sure NinjaTrader 8 is shut down. Subsequently uninstall it from Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 8. Check if you still experience the issue when you change the start date in the Playback connection window.

Comment

Still does it. The date does not change in the upper right corner of my playback window when I change the dropdown.

I tried it on another computer - and the same thing happens

Comment

I see a strange behavior - where is I change the dropdown the first time it doesn't move but it I change it to a forward date a second time it will change. But if I change the dropdown back to a previous date the third time - it will not change.

Then I cannot go back to a previous time. Even if I disconnect and reconnect my Playback connection. I have to restart the app.

I really think your dev has some faulty logic on the date change event for the control or it is not flushing the objects from memory.
                          Last edited by MarketAlly; 08-18-2015, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Can you please send me your Market Replay data so I can test it on my end. Please go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db, right click the replay folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently send me the .zip file via sendspace.com. You can send it to jason.hilling[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                            0 responses