X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all / most charts need after starting reload hist data

Hello support team!

I start in the morning NT8

Some charts a correct load others not so I have first reload historical data manual so that I can start work.

In NT7 I have no problems with this.

Hello shilli1,

Do you notice any consistency between the charts that require a manual reload? Perhaps the affected charts have a certain setting/indicator in common?

Are you able to reproduce it if you create a new workspace? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces and click New. Name the workspace as you like and click OK. Subsequently create a few charts and save the workspace. Restart NinjaTrader a few times and check each time if the charts load the requested data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Open a new chart is working and load data automatically.

The problem is not while a trading session its after start NT.
      I have open in single windows hourly FDAX, FESX, YM, ES, FGBL, GC, CL, 6E. The same in 5 Minute in one window and tabs.
      I think the problem is consistency sometimes FDAX is not working, next start an another one or two, three ...
      At the next start I will make a screen.

Comment

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce it on my end so far. I created the workspace in the attached screenshot. I restarted NinjaTrader multiple times, but each time all charts loaded data.

Please let me know if you can find reproducible steps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

after start NT8

I do nothing else

after reload

Now it's working.

Comment

I will need to find a reproducible scenario before I can report the issue to development. When I test the workspace again today, it loads the requested data automatically when I get connected. I do not need to reload historical data.

Can you please send me your workspace so I can test it on my end. You can find workspaces at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces. Please send me the workspace at jason.hilling[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put ''all / most charts need after starting reload hist data" in the subject header.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for sending your workspace.

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the issue so far. Do you have any other workspaces opened in NinjaTrader when you experience the issue? When I tested it the first time, I thought I reproduced the issue. I did not see charts load to the current time. However I still saw I had an additional workspace opened. It was loading data for those charts first. Then your workspace started loaded its charts and eventually all charts loaded.

I then deleted all historical data for today at Tools-->Historical Data. I closed the other workspace I had opened, so only your workspace was opened. Restarted NinjaTrader and all charts showed data up to yesterday. I then connected and each chart loaded data up to the current time. I checked all tabs of the large 5 Minute chart.

Subsequently I deleted all historical data up to 8/19/2015. However all the charts loaded the requested data

I tried another time. This time I deleted all historical data for August. But again all data was loaded after I connected.

Could it be you have other workspaces opened as well? It is in the process of loading data in other charts, so it seems the charts in the workspace in question do not load. How long do you wait before you manually reload historical data?

Comment

Hello Jason,

I only work with 2 monitor workspace I do not open other workspaces or switch. I sometimes switch between NT7 and NT8 but I think this is not the problem they both don't work together.

I wait a few minutes and the problem mostly occurs in the morning first start NT8 after the first start I think it works normally.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I will continue to test to find a reproducible scenario.

Comment

Curious, what are your "Market Data" options configured as?

Please double check this is setup optimally: Tools-> Options-> Market data-> "Historical" ensure you have checked "get data from server" and under "Real-time", ensure you have un-checked "record live data as historical".
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

options data:

I start NT8 data is loading european time 8:48
                      single hourly charts loading normal

chart window with tabs, loads not normal... time 8:55

the same in GC 12-15 contract I do not screen this but it's the same storry!

after reload historical data charts are working without problems.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files and tell me at what time (as per your PC clock) you experienced the issue last. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support and put 'Att Jason, all / most charts need after starting reload hist data' in the Subject field. Make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled and click Send.

Comment

How many connections are you using? 1 or 2?

Comment

only one connection

Comment

Thanks for sending in the files that were requested. There is something unique in your workspace that is throwing some errors we need to track down, however the workspace files you provided do not appear to contain all the settings you provided in your screenshots.

The next time you see this bug, can you please immediately go to the Workspace menu and save a copy of your workspace? Once you have done that, please send us that file so we can debug further.
                              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses