Close position issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close position issue

I have an issue capturing an order when I get a Close position. It is not updating the fromEntrySignal even though it is set for the original order. It occurs when I sell a position short and then a position long is entered later which forces the Close position in the short. I have no issue with it triggering the Close position but it is not providing me the original Name or EntrySignal name or execution Id to grab my marker.

I can see the order in the internal objects. It would be really helpful if it is closing the position, it would pass the fromEntrySignal or the original order Id/executionId - some way for me to grab the previous entry.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards,
    Dave
    Last edited by MarketAlly; 08-22-2015, 01:08 AM.

Hello MarketAlly,

Thank you for your patience.

We are looking into the items you have detailed here. Thank you for reporting this here.

Comment

This is one is tricky, because an execution does not truly have a fromEntrySignal attached to it -- the fromEntrySignal would actually be attached to the order itself, rather than it's execution.

You should be able to accomplish your goal within OnOrderUpdate() instead. By checking the order name, order state, and fromEntrySignal here, you should be able to identify when certain orders are filled or part filled, which should coincide with order executions.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chbruno
      by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
      6 responses