Can't seem to get CL 10-15 for 8/21/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't seem to get CL 10-15 for 8/21/2015

I was working with 8/21/2015 CL 10-15 for most of the evening, then my system crashed around 9:00PM EST. When I reloaded NT8, I could not get back the 8/21 data, just up to 8/20/2015 2:30PM EST.

Also, the DB Rollback was re-enabled to roll 09-15 to 10-15 which I had done a few days ago. The data in the chart looks like CL 09-15 data, even after rolling the instrument again.

EDIT: Looks like the print screen through the system settings is bleeding the chart boarder through again. I changed the Performance settings through the control panel to avoid some visual artifacts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NJA_MC; 08-22-2015, 07:57 PM.

Interesting

Just another strange issue around this problem. It is clearly requesting the CL 10-15 data range, but all still requesting the CL 09-15 data. There are no charts/tabs open with CL 09-15. here is a response to reload All Historical Data on the CL 10-15 chart:

2015-08-22 22:03:13:187 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='CL 09-15' from='08/13/2015 00:00:00' to='08/17/2015 00:00:00' period='1 Minute'
    2015-08-22 22:03:13:187 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='CL 10-15' from='08/14/2015 00:00:00' to='08/22/2015 00:00:00' period='1 Minute'
    2015-08-22 22:03:13:577 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='CL 09-15' from='08/18/2015 00:00:00' to='08/21/2015 00:00:00' period='1 Minute'

Comment

Rather frustrating, but figured I would try. I left my computer running with NT8 still running. I simply tried to reload all historical data and sure enough the CL 10-15 data loaded for Friday.

I am not sure what is happening, maybe the HDS is offline or something, but there has to be some notification that this system is off-line rather than me spending hours trying to figure out why my system will not load data.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have tested the Prnt Scrn option on my end and was unable to reproduce this behavior. To confirm we are using the same steps are you using "Alt+Prnt Scrn" then pasting the image into Paint?

Also can you tell me what data provider you are connecting to within NinjaTrader so I may look into the CL data further.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 08-26-2015, 08:00 AM.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

That is the way I capture the Screenshot as you describe. It is almost like at times the boarder has a Z level below the screen...

I use NTBrokerage. This tends to only happen late in the evening, like after 8PM usually. I have an ongoing support ticket with Historical Data not loading after this time.

What would be very useful is if the HDS is reported in a dialog box as being DOWN when it isn't available, that way I can stop trying to get things to work. So simply reporting that the connection is broken, rather than silently failing.

Comment

Do you have multiple monitors on your system? If so can you attempt to print the screen on another monitor and let me know if you experience the same behavior.

When the HDS is offline when you right click within the chart the option "Reload All Historical" will be grayed out within the menu.

So I can speak with development further can you tell me at what point you were able to load the missing CL 10-15 for 8/21?

Comment

Hi Christopher,

I have a 1 monitor setup, usually Print Screen works... Not always a problem.

As for the CL data, the Reload Data never grayed out, so I didn't get that signal. It was the following day when the date corrected itself.

Comment

I am currently looking into an issue with CL and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information from development.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Once Beta 4 is released can you please test and let me know if you experience the same behavior of missing data with CL when the "Reload All Historical Data" option is available and not grayed out.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                    Once Beta 4 is released can you please test and let me know if you experience the same behavior of missing data with CL when the "Reload All Historical Data" option is available and not grayed out.
                    Sure,

Do you have an ETA on BETA4?

Comment

Currently I do not have a date available however you will be notified once the new version is available for download.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes