Can no longer load charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer load charts

Yesterday on the way home, whilst running replay data the program crashed. After restarting I can no longer load charts and can not see any instruments. When I click new chart I get the following error message.

Unhandled exception: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The only instrument listed is DUMMY if that helps.

Happy to send screenshot, logs etc what ever needed. Loving the program so far
    Last edited by happypappy; 08-24-2015, 05:37 AM.

Hey guys, did some digging and found the problem was the Default template. It hadn't saved correct when I added a new indicator to it. Consequently it was saying object reference error which stopped all Chart from loading, even if I tried to use an alterative template.

And the instrument list disappear completely. I can search for instruments and add them but it pops up the error each time. Until I repaired the default template there was no way to resolve this.

Maybe need some more error control around the template for charts? Even a backup of default on the system so and error that says can't load default would you like to repair it or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi happypappy,

Is this reproducible behavior if you add the same indicator to the Default template? Also, what indicator was added? I am attempting to reproduce on my end.

Thanks!
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi AlexC,

When I caused the error I added a custom indicator and went saved as default. The application crashed half way through writing the XML, so the XML itself was faulty somewhere

Today I removed <Indicators> from the Default.XML to test, and i could get it to list 'Dummy' and not load charts like before, however the error message was specific and stated the XML file had a line wrong which is fine.

I have been testing to see if I could isolate which bit caused the specific error, but havent had any luck. I can say though that to resolve it I removed 2 custom indicators from within the <Indicators> area and saved the Default.XML again to get it to work.

So I can only assume it's an Indicator value or setting missing causing the 'Object not set to reference of object' error message appearing. Sorry mate I should have saved the .XML with the broken settings and sent it to you guys.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi happypappy,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to duplicate this based on the information that I have. If you happen to run into a reproducible scenario that will always produce this result, please let us know.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920