How to access AccountItem information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access AccountItem information

I have tried accessing the Account.GetAccountItem in all workflow events during the OnStateChange event and it always reports back ***** for my values. Be that Sim101, my created simulation account or my actual live account using NT Continuum. Can someone please advice where I can access the present data so I may access these values before beginning my trade logic?

I also tried in OnBarUpdate but it is also *****. Is it not possible to get this data except in OnAccountItemUpdate? and if so, how do I initial that event on start.

Code:
    CheckAccount: CashValue:account='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=CashValue currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: GrossRealizedProfitLossaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=GrossRealizedProfitLoss currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: Commissionaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=Commission currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: TotalCashBalanceaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=TotalCashBalance currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: BuyingPoweraccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=BuyingPower currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: InitialMarginaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=InitialMargin currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: IntradayMarginaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=IntradayMargin currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: RealizedProfitLossaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=RealizedProfitLoss currency=UsDollar value=*****
    OnStateChange: Configure
    CheckAccount: CashValue:account='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=CashValue currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: GrossRealizedProfitLossaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=GrossRealizedProfitLoss currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: Commissionaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=Commission currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: TotalCashBalanceaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=TotalCashBalance currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: BuyingPoweraccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=BuyingPower currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: InitialMarginaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=InitialMargin currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: IntradayMarginaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=IntradayMargin currency=UsDollar value=*****
    CheckAccount: RealizedProfitLossaccount='MarketAlly LLC!Mirus!M9367' accountItem=RealizedProfitLoss currency=UsDollar value=*****
    OnStateChange: DataLoaded
    OnStateChange: Historical
    OnStateChange: Transition

I will leave the post - but I spaced the .value property on the return object even though I coded it - I was looking at the ToString() value. It would be nice if the ToString() provided the amount for debugging.

Sorry to bother with this question.

Comment

You will need to access the .Value property of Account.GetAccountItem() in order to access the actual values. The following code works on my end in both State.Configure and State.SetDefaults:

Code:
      foreach (Account a in Account.Accounts)
                      {
                          if (a.Name == "Sim101")
                          {
                              Print(a.GetAccountItem(AccountItem.BuyingPower, Currency.UsDollar).Value);
                          }
                      }
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 08-25-2015, 08:40 AM.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I meant I had resolved it. I was looking at the .ToString() output not the .Value output - which always shows **** instead of the number.

GetAccountItem(AccountItem.BuyingPower, Currency.UsDollar).ToString()

vs

GetAccountItem(AccountItem.BuyingPower, Currency.UsDollar).Value

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses