Expose All Major Features via API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expose All Major Features via API

With NT8 will developer's have the ability to access Strategy Analyzer and other features through API only? When I say "API only" I mean outside of the user interface. Currently with NT7 I have to resort to UI automation scripts to emulate mouse/keyboard input to start NinjaTrader, open Strategy Analyzer, select my strategy, input the the options, start the backtest, etc...

Aside from trading I use NinjaTrader to capture price and indicator data for offline processing. Automating this via API would be awesome!

Thanks

Hello,

We currently do not have UI automation built in to NinjaScript, but that is certainly an interesting suggestion. I have added your suggestion to our list, with tracking ID # SFT-631.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

We have taken steps to add AutomationIDs to make it easier for users to call these UI functions on standard NT features, however we do not have plans to document these ID's at this time (we may revisit this down the road, but as it stands where we are in beta, the are subject to change)
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Although UI automation would be nice, an API or command line interface to invoke various Ninja Trader functions( automation of Strategy Analyzer, Market Analyzer, etc...) would be better. Another suggestion is to create a NinjaScript based task scheduler. Maybe have a ScheduledTask base class we can derive from and allow us to automate backtests, optimizations and other functions. The built in task scheduler will run the ScheduledTask derived class NinjaScript based on certain time or event triggers. For example, at 8pm, Mon - Fri, run the Strategy Analyzer. Or every hour, do X. Or wait for OS file events created/deleted/updated( NT can use System.IO.FileSystemWatcher) and, do X.

Ninja Trader Automation Suggestions:

1) Expose automation API outside of Ninja Trader UI.
        2) Allow automation of Ninja Trader functions via NinjaScript with a built-in Task Scheduler.
        3) Allow automation of Ninja Trader functions via command line.
        4) All the above!

Request and Vote on Feature Suggestion:
        I'd like to suggest that NT use some sort of feature request site that allows users to add, comment,search and most importantly, vote on features. This will give NT a better understanding of what new features users want. A forum is really not the best format for this. You can create a custom one as part of your forum or use a site like Trello.com.

Here is an example of how an open-source project is using it to track and vote on feature requests.
        Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

Windows 10 Feedback application is a great example of this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
        10 responses
        1 like
        Last Post beobast
        by beobast

Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes