X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Trading Hours

Hi,
    I was setting up a custom trading hours template and had a few questions:

a) Is there anyway to automatically update holidays for a given exchange? I don't think it is practical for users to have to maintain this information. Ideally NT should maintain the holiday lists for each exchange where changes are pushed to the user. Is there another way around this?

b) Also, how are the holidays updated for each Trading Hours template? Is it automatic or do I need to go to the Tools -> Database menu to update?

p.s. if all this is manual I would strongly recommend there is either a push notification for updates and it prompts the user when updates are available or a setting is added that it automatically updates periodically ( i.e. once a week )

Hello,

Currently, holidays in custom Trading Hours templates are not updated based on the exchange. Custom Trading Hours templates are left completely alone intentionally, to allow users full control over the templates that they create. A user may intend to create a template that specifically does include holidays, for example, for whatever reason.

That being said, holidays are updated for pre-defined Trading Hours templates, and that must be done manually in the Database window, as you mentioned.

We already have a suggestion in place to automatically update database items at a scheduled interval, so I will add your vote to that one (SFT-592), and I'll add your suggestion to display a notification when new items are available to update database items.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,
      I would still maintain that, for the majority of cases, users are not going to want to play around with or maintain holiday hours manually for any custom session. Since you are maintaining that information anyway it would be helpful if people were able to leverage that information in custom sessions.

Comment

Your suggestion is certainly worth tracking and considering for a future enhancement, so I will go ahead and log it. (SFT-645)
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 08-31-2015, 01:35 PM.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes