Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues PnF Charts

Hi,
    I coded several indicators for NT 8, which work fine for nearly all type of charts, however when I use PnF Charts the whole plots of my charts get disrupted and displaced.

For the plots of the indicators I used Draw.Text and Draw.Rectangle Methods.

What is the reason for this, or is there a bug?

Regards and thanks

Hello,

I am not seeing any issues with Draw.Rectangle when I switch from the Candlestick chart style to Point and Figure on my end. Can you please elaborate on exactly what is happening, and possibly provide some sample code that reproduces the issue?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

emailed some pictures to platformsupport@ninjatrader attention dave.
      perhaps I wasnt concrete enough, the indicator works on PnF Charts too, if applied alone, but if I add any additional indicators, the chart gets corrupted, this happens only using PnF Charts.
      Last edited by keepsimple; 09-02-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hello, was there any follow up to this?

Relating to PNF charts i was testing some of my indicators on PNF and looks like there could be an issue with recognising (Bars.IsFirstBarOfSession) - some of my indicators check on this in order to reset some values - this is not happening.

Is there any known issue with this - i of course did a search on the NT8 bugs and issues and came across nothing

thanks

Comment

Just added Print statement to the previous code section and does NOT print anything so there is clearly an issue with IsFirstBarOfSession for PNF.

Comment

Thanks guys. Keepsimple, I did not ever see those pictures you sent through. Is there any change you can attach them to this forum thread if the issue still persists? Soulfx, I will look into your scenario further, as well, and I'll post back with any updates. We will have a smaller crew over the latter part of Thanksgiving week, but I will be back on this issue on Monday, and we will be releasing the Beta 7 build soon after that, which contains a number of significant fixes which may affect this issue.
            Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

you can produce the behaviour i was talking about, when you apply the standard volume profile indicator to a pnf chart and add bollinger bands to the chart, by adding bollinger bands the volume profile gets messed up. without the bollinger bands the profile indicator works fine. i initially thought it is an issue relating to my indicators, but same thing happens with the nt volume profile. the volume profile gets displaced or completely messed up, see pictures.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for reporting. We are working through this and will get back. I suspect a fix will not be made in time for the next beta release which is soon unfortunately.

Comment

Hello any update on this being addressed for the next beta release 7? Seems fundamental issue for a standard chart type? Does this affect other chart types range etc?

Comment

In trying to do a work around (if possible) ahead of this being addressed you may also want to check if IsFirstTickOfBar works as intended for PNF - as this doesnt seem to be resetting values either.

Comment

Continued observation of this - i set Break at EOD to false to see if this helped and made some small changes to code - a bit of difference but it leads me to wonder that i also have the TIck Replay ENABLED for the PNF chart as indicators are calculating some values for bid ask similar to other bar types i have tested this for eg tick and minute charts. The results i have looked at for weeks now are consistent and look good.
                      However with PNF (built on 1m closes) the results are way off - is there a difference to how these bars are built and ability to access the tick replay data?
                      thanks

Comment

Hello, just wanted to bump this up as doesnt appear to have been answered. We are now in week 2 of beta 7 - i realise NT7 takes priority. But still last try of this there seems to be a number of issues - this may apply to range / renko too.

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your patience.

After investigating this we resolved the issue to be related to Tick Replay. The bug was reported to NTEIGHT-9152 which has been completed and will be available in the next release (v8).
                          Attached Files
                          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for response, good to hear and look forward to looking at this in the next beta
                            cheers

Comment

Hello, thus far in testing the lastest beta 8. It appears the Tick replay issue and data is resolved from previous post thanks for that. However it would seem that the IsFirstBarOfSession and IsFirstTickOfBar are not working as indicator resets are not being detected for PNF charts. Was this part of the bug fix for this?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes