Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Layer

Hello All

Is it possible to use an indicator set to "same as input series" for Panel, and Scale Justification "overlay" be able to act as a separate layer letting it be dragged around the chart?
    Maybe I am missing this option. However if it is not possible, can it be made possible please.

The idea is that certain indicators are better suited to be at the bottom of the price chart and not in a separate panel. To have the mobility of dragging this around the chart depending on where the price is located. Further, to not have it fixed at a certain location all the time whereby it gets muddied with the price bars. Yet enabling it to be seen and moved based on where the price bars are being plotted.

Regards,

Hello MeandI,

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

If you have an indicator in the panel of the primary series and have scale justification set to overlay, then it will completely ignore the prices of the primary series for the price scale.

Can you clarify what the issue you are experiencing is?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello
      Yes it will ignore the price however it will be right in the thick of where the price is.
      I am asking for the indicator to act as its oven layer, much like a very proficient photo editing/shop where a layer can be moved around the base layer and not hinder the base. It occupies the same space yet can be moved separately from the base.

Does that help clarify what the intention is?

Regards,

Comment

Hello MeandI

I still do not understand.

You can have the indicator have its own price column on the left by setting scale justification to the left.

However, I do not understand how you are planning to move the indicator. What do you mean by move the indicator?

Comment

Eg: take a MACD set to “input series”. Scale justification “overlay”. It is located on the price panel yet it is right in the middle of the chart. I am able to change the margins moving it higher or lower on the chart, agreed. However I would like to be able to drag the indicator data up and down the chart so that it is not Fixed in a location.
          If price goes up I can drag the indicator to the bottom. And vice versa.
          Essentially it should act as a layer on top of price that move independently of price yet with much ease. Hence clicking and dragging rather than changing margins.

Comment

Hello MeandI,

I am saying that the indicator is independent. If you change the scale or range of the bar data, the indicator won't change with it. It stays exactly as it is because its independent.

I still don't get what you mean when you say you will drag the indicator to the bottom.. do you mean you are going to drag this to another panel?

If you mean that you are going to drag the indicator so that it plots lower in the same panel, this isn't something that NinjaTrader does. Once the plots are separate, the auto-scale puts the highest visible value as the top of the range and the lowest visible value as the bottom of the range.

Are you able to demonstrate what you mean by drag the indicator lower? I'm still not understanding what this means.

Comment

Hi

What i mean is that i would like to move the indicator around panel 1. Just as i would the price action when i press 'ctrl+Lmouse' if i could press 'Ctrl+Alt+Lmouse' then drag the indicator higher or lower in panel 1.
              Auto-scale Fixes the indicator to panel 1 (basically in the middle of the chart) in a fixed location. i want that location to be as movable as the price action. Even the ability to squish the indicator down or expand it past the chart borders, using quick keys instead of changing parameters of scale and location.

Does that clarify what i am asking?

Comment

Hello MeandI,

I want to clarify the action you are taking and I want to confirm what you are requesting.

When you say "Just as i would the price action when i press 'ctrl+Lmouse'" are you asking:
                When I hold the Ctrl key and then left click and drag up or down in the price margin of the chart, this allows me to change the range of the data series without affecting the scale. I would like to do this for an indicator in the same panel that has the scale justification set to overlay.
                Can I confirm that this is what you are asking?

Currently, there are two price scales that can be used, the left and the right. If your indicator has the scale justification set to overlay this removes the indicator from either price scale (though the label for the plot will still appear on the right price scale, it is not associated with this price scale). When the scale justification is set to left, this will give the indicator (or indicators with that same scale justification of left) its own price scale that you can use to set the range below the chart if you wish.

Are you wanting more than 2 price scales on the chart (left and right)?

Also, you would like a hot key that is able to change the range of a price scale a predefined amount at a time. Is this correct?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post mattbsea  
                Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes