Strategy Analyzer - Chart Indicators bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer - Chart Indicators bug

In Strategy Analyzer, if you have the display set to "Chart" and run a backtest the indicators in the strategy added through the AddChartIndicator method don't seem to get applied. If I run the backtest with display as anything other than Chart and I switch to the chart display after running a backtest it seems that they are applied correctly.

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
    In Strategy Analyzer, if you have the display set to "Chart" and run a backtest the indicators in the strategy added through the AddChartIndicator method don't seem to get applied. If I run the backtest with display as anything other than Chart and I switch to the chart display after running a backtest it seems that they are applied correctly.
    I've experienced similar issues with the chart tab of the strategy analyzer.. Sometimes the chart will show the indicator, sometimes it won't.. Sometimes the chart won't display at all.. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when this might happen to consistently reproduce the issue..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I did try this but was unable to re produce what you have described.

The steps I had taken were Open the analyzer, select chart, select the SampleMACrossOver and then ran the backtest.
      Are these the correct steps for what you are doing? Are any other parameters changed or are you using a custom strategy?

If you are using a custom strategy, can you see if this only happens with your strategy or does it also happen with the SampleMACrossOver?

I look forward to being of further assistance .
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Step to reproduce:
        a) Load up the Sample MA Crossover strategy in Strategy Analyzer
        b) Set the display combobox to Summary
        c) Run backtest
        d) Switch the display in Strategy Analyzer to Chart
        e) You should see the SMA's for the strategy displayed on the chart
        f) Now Re-run backtest while the display in Strategy Analyzer is set to chart
        g) You should see the SMA's in the chart disappear

Also take a look at this post as I think this is at the root of the issue:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...266#post426266
        Last edited by GrumpyTrader; 09-07-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried the steps but was unable to re produce this on my end. Can you tell me, are you using the current beta release or a previous version?

Does this happen every time you do this process on your end or intermittently?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Jesse,
            Intermittently, but if you stay on the Chart display and keep running the backtest from that page you should get it to occur. I did with in 10 tries. Just watch for the MA's to diappear.

The other error which I provided a link to happens every time.

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to check in on this item and see if you have updated to Beta 5 and tested this on your end.

I still have not been able to produce this on my end, I am unsure if this has been fully corrected in the newer beta. Can you confirm if you are still having this?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Jesse
                I don't have the issue with most of my strategies that I've converted over. The only one that I still experience the issue sometimes runs on tick charts. My guess it is somehow related, but I have no proof yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
                  I don't have the issue with most of my strategies that I've converted over. The only one that I still experience the issue sometimes runs on tick charts. My guess it is somehow related, but I have no proof yet.
                  That's an interesting comment, as I was looking at range bars when I noticed the issues on my end.. (Optimizing 1yr Back) So guess I was trying to display the chart while going back and forth between various optimizations. (using range bars for 1 yr back.. )

But I haven't had time to test with B5 yet, buried deep in couple projects, and will probably be couple weeks before I can get back to playing with the strats again.. Will definitely report back if I still experience the issue though..

-=Edge=-
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  5 responses