how to: Kicking off re-import of data from NT7 into NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to: Kicking off re-import of data from NT7 into NT8

Remove the config.xml file in My Documents\Ninjatrader 8 folder.

My workflow is NT 7 live, recording data for market replay.

Backup weekly data only.
    Import that into NT7 on test machine.
    Instead of removing/redownloading NT8 everytime on my test machine, remove the config.xml - upon starting NT8 you'll be asked to migrate data.

The only thing I see lost is the skin selection - it is kept in that file.
    (and all my strategies in strategies tab are no longer there, not a big deal - was throwing sql insert duplicate errors)

Well make a backup of the file if you are really concerned.

Hi sledge,

Thanks for the tip, this is expected and is currently the only way to re-trigger the NT7 import dialog. Perhaps this will help out some fellow beta testers.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      Hi sledge,

Thanks for the tip, this is expected and is currently the only way to re-trigger the NT7 import dialog. Perhaps this will help out some fellow beta testers.
      Oops I think there's a little bug with this!

It doubled up my replay data files, blowing my export file to 2x the size (approx 15 gb to 30 gb).

Looks like one would also need to delete the NT8\db\replay\ files to prevent doubling when kicking off the re-import process.

Playback-Market Replay didn't work anymore.

Comment

Hi sledge,

To clarify, what do you mean by Market Replay didn't work anymore? Do you mean after creating the backup archive in question or after importing it?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
          Hi sledge,

To clarify, what do you mean by Market Replay didn't work anymore? Do you mean after creating the backup archive in question or after importing it?
          Missed this.

If I did my cheat to re-import data from NT7 - the NT8 converter from NT7 data - simply re-imported and doubled up the data in NT8. Playback-MR did not like having the data in there twice, which could be expected.

Deleting Files in NT8 NT8\db\replay\ solved that issue, and allowed the NT8 conversion from NT7 import to work fine.

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Thank you for the feedback!

I had attempted to import MR data from NT7, but I didn't see duplicate files. Here are the steps I took:

* Started off fresh with both platforms by deleting all of my MR data in the 'Data' folder (NT7) and in the 'Reply' folder (NT8).

* Downloaded Playback data for the ES 12-15 instrument for the past two days on NT8.

* Closed NT8.

* Deleted my NT8 config.xml.

* Launched NT7 and downloaded MR for the ES 12-15 instrument for the past two days.

* Closed NT7.

* Launched NT8 and migrated my settings from NT7.

* Connected to Playback connection on NT8 and the two days were replayable.

Additionally, I scoped out the NT8, Replay folder and there were only two days (files) of data that I had downloaded.

Is there anything I may have missed?
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
            9 responses
            1 like
            Last Post Gavini
            by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM