X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for the report.

I wanted to check, are you currently using B7 or B8? b8 was released on January 8th.

Beta 7 would no longer relevant so if you are still using b7, please update to b8 and then complete new tests to confirm the actions you did still produce the problem.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Just installed B8 and still getting the same. MAE and MFE are always the same. I tested in playback mode on ES 12-15. Screenshot of trades attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Was this conducted with a custom strategy or a sample strategy? I was seeing if you had a sample in which can reproduce the results to look further into this.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just manually clicking market buy and market sell through Basic Entry at the times shown in the image.

Comment

Hello,

I tried placing manual orders as you have but have not seen the same result. I have attached an image of my results.

Can you tell me, is this only occurring on a specific instrument or is this across all instruments?

Also did you upgrade from b7 or is this a clean install?

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I tried placing manual orders as you have but have not seen the same result. I have attached an image of my results.

Can you tell me, is this only occurring on a specific instrument or is this across all instruments?

I've done a clean reinstall of NT 8.0.0.8 into a folder with a diff name but still same issue. MAE and MFE are always identical. I've tested on NQ 3-16 on different days and still the same.

Also, I'm on the Direct license. Maybe there is a bug that disables some calculations for MAE/MFE along with everything else for Direct.
            Last edited by mknell01; 01-14-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I've now also installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and tried again and getting same issue.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

If you had done a clean install and had also removed your documents NinjaTrader 8 folder along with re installing windows, this should be sufficient to see a change.

I would like to check if I am missing a step regarding what is happening here, would you be able to provide a video of the steps you are taking to result in the values being the same? You could use a free service like Jing to take the video, I just mainly want to ensure we are doing the exact same actions.

I also did try this using a direct edition key but was still unable to re produce this.

Comment

I'm seeing this issue in Playback currently on Beta 9. Fresh install (removed all files and renamed NinjaTrader8 folder, etc).

In Strategy Analyzer, the Avg MAE, MFE, and ETD look fine, but in Playback with any strategy running on ES. When I right click on the strategy in the Control Panel and select Strategy Performance, MAE and MFE are incorrectly the same value.

Comment

Is this a known bug and/or repeatable on Ninjatrader's side? It's fairly important to calculate these measure correctly. This thread seems to fluctuate as to whether it's reproduceable on Ninjatrader's side, but several users including myself are seeing the same incorrect results.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tomace View Post
                      Is this a known bug and/or repeatable on Ninjatrader's side? It's fairly important to calculate these measure correctly. This thread seems to fluctuate as to whether it's reproduceable on Ninjatrader's side, but several users including myself are seeing the same incorrect results.

Thanks!
                      I gave up a long time ago. Just let it go.

NT8B9 - MAE/MFE the same (except the last one - it's off by $12... maybe that's the bug, when it's not matching!!!

Comment

Hello all,

We were able to isolate and reproduce this behavior and it has been reported in #10098.
                        Our development team is currently looking into this issue for BETA 13.

Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.
                        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sidlercom80  
                        Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view