Rollover did not roll over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover did not roll over

I went through the steps to rollover the futures contracts to the December contract. Everything worked well for the existing charts all updated as expected except I have one chart that has three data series only the first data series updated to the new contract the second and third data series on the chart did not update. I was able to remove the second and third data, then add them back with the new contract date.

I'm not sure I completely follow?

I wouldn't expect additional data series to change.

Did it do so in nt7?

Comment

Okay most charts have only one single data series. However I have one chart that has three data series in the same chart. It is the YM the ES and the NQ all on the same chart. This has an advantage because when I scrunched up or stretch out the chart all three indices still look the same as compared to each other. When I did the rollover process today the individual chart of the NQ rolled over fine. However on the chart with the three data series the ES is the first followed by the other two only the ES rolled over to the new date. This is an issue because had I not noticed the contract date on the second two data series did not get updated it could have skewed my trading. In other words my trading chart of the NQ was showing the December contract. But my long-term view (the triple chart) was still showing the September contract.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that I see the same behavior on my end under the same scenario. i will be reporting this to our team to look into further, and I will update this thread with any new information.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Beginning with the next release, you should see all instruments on a chart updated by the Rollover feature. Thank you again for your assistance.
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist  
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes