BETA4: Data Box doesn't reflect Chart Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BETA4: Data Box doesn't reflect Chart Data

It appears the DataBox is getting its data from indicators based upon the time stamp and not the bar number.

With a 1 tick chart, the Panel 1 part of the DataBox updates (bar number & Volume) for each bar under the cursor, but the indicators doesn't seem to update unless the ms time stamp updates. The data is visible on the chart, but not reflected in the DataBox.

I will email a video link to Support to demonstrate this issue. The Indicator is set for "update on tick".

Thank you for reporting this. I've confirmed the behavior and submitted a bug report to our team, with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8806.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've got an update on this item for you. We have resolved a related issue with the Data Box in our current internal build, which should resolve this issue. Please keep this issue in mind to test in the next Beta release to see if the behavior persists on your end.

Comment

Hi David,

Unfortunately, it still looks like the DataBox is updating only for a new MS time stamp for attached indicator. Let me know if you need more detail of what is the error.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
        I've got an update on this item for you. We have resolved a related issue with the Data Box in our current internal build, which should resolve this issue. Please keep this issue in mind to test in the next Beta release to see if the behavior persists on your end.

Comment

Thank you for re-testing. Did you mean to attach on indicator to your post? Since I was not able to reproduce on my end after the fix, I'd like to try to replicate your scenario as closely as possible.

Comment

Dave,

This can be done easily on a 1 TICK chart, I have the ES 12-15 which makes it a little difficult to approximate values between ticks, but if you add an SMA(150) or something like that, scan the chart for blocks of time where the TIME STAMP has the same MS value. In this area, you will see the SMA value will not update although the curve is going up/down. Make sure that section is steep enough so round-off doesn't convince you it is work.

It only updates once the MS time stamp changes.

EDIT: You might try a different indicator (Oscillator or something) that changes more visibly in these FLAT tick regions. I have seen this with all indicators I have used so it should matter which one you use, you just need to see a change in the indicator but not in the databox.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NJA_MC; 09-23-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I wrote a better indicator to make the issue more visible.

Use the attached SUPPORTBarNumber() indicator. It simply outputs the CurrentBar%100 so it just keeps counting from 0 to 99 in sequence. Attach this to a 1 Tick ES chart, look for areas with the same time stamp (including milliseconds), You will see you can't get the BarNumber to count up in that area.... For example, you might get something like:
              Time1: 10:10:45.010 - 5
              Time2: 10:10:45.014 - 6
              Time3: 10:10:45.020 - 7
              Time4: 10:10:45.020 - 7
              Time5: 10:10:45.020 - 7
              Time6: 10:10:45.020 - 7
              Time7: 10:10:45.020 - 7
              Time8: 10:10:45.035 - 12
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, that was exactly what I needed to replicate the issue. I've reported this to our team with Tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8838, and I will post back here with any updates.

Comment

I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Please keep this issue in mind to test in the next Beta release, and you should see the indicator values updating per bar rather than per millisecond.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes