Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick fix for tabbing workspaces

Hi guys,

I just wanted to offer an idea for having a more efficient way to switch between workspaces.

I've mentioned before that not having a way to ‘tab’ workspaces (or another way to quickly jump between layouts) is a significant drawback of NT for some styles of trading. For me it is the one missing features that means I have to use another charting package in addition to NT.

Currently if we have many chart layouts to observe, my understanding is we have to change workspaces by bringing up the control panel window then going into the ‘Workspaces’ menu item, OR by using hotkeys to scroll through the workspaces. While hotkeys are very helpful they are not efficient if we have say 8 or 9 workspaces and we need to get to quickly flick to one that’s further down the list. (If there is already a better way to do this already, please let me know, thanks)..

I have attached a suggestion which (hopefully) would be easy to implement and effective. This is to create a button that is floatable and has our workspaces list available as a popup menu for quick switching. We can then include this button into the layout of each workspace if its required.

Please see the attached 2 page PDF image for a mock-up of what I mean.

Also, can I please make the suggestion that in the current method when switching through the workspaces with hotkeys, if NT could briefly showed the name of the workspace (even for just one second) at the top of the screen, this would be helpful.

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

OK, I'll download this and forward to my Yahoo email to preview there.

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry didn't realise PDF's would be a hassle to view, please see attached screenshots as JPG's.

Cheers,
      Shane
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your detailed suggestion on managing workspaces. I will forward the suggestion to support such a button that manages workspaces to development. Thank you again for your feedback.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I like Shane's idea. I would add to that the suggestion that it be optional. Many other programs, including MSFTs Office, lets you customize the ribbon of icons that appear, both Add and Remove -- so you can make the program more efficient to the way you use it.

Another possible solution would be to make the pop-up menu that appears when you right click the mouse on a chart, to make that customizable. There are things on that menu, I will probably never use. Having the ability to add / remove items from this menu would be very useful also.

John

Comment

Hello John,

Thank you for your additional suggestions and feedback. I will forward them to development as well.

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-670.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              0 responses
              1 view