X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Indicators text on chart off and pivots question

Hi guys,

Just a couple of quick questions:

1) is there a way to turn off the names of all the indicators being shown at the top of a chart? I'm finding that when I have a smallish chart, this text is taking up a heap of space and cluttering the chart/blocking many of the candles.

2) For the pivots indicator (set to daily), it seems to be working fine on the 3 and 5 minute time-frames, but on 15 minutes and higher it displays a message saying 'Daily bars require the use of monthly or weekly pivot range"... Yet despite the message, the actual pivots are displaying OK. Is this a bug?

Please see attached workspace example of what I mean for both 1 and 2.

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

Hello,

For the indicator label, you can remove this in the Indicators window by removing the text from the "Label" property.

The second issue would be unexpected on your 240 minute chart. This would be expected on your Daily tab within that same chart window, but the message should not be printing to your 240 minute tab. I am not seeing this particular issue in the latest internal build. Since we will be releasing a new Beta build soon, can you please retest this scenario on the new build when it is released, and tell me if you see the same thing?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Dave. Re the 'Daily bars require the use of monthly or weekly pivot range' - this only briefly displays when I connect to my data provider and then disappears after a few seconds in the new release. So it seems all good so far!

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Toggle On/Off Header and Indicator text from Charts

[QUOTE=ShaneAU;428027]Hi guys,

"... is there a way to turn off the names of all the indicators being shown at the top of a chart? I'm finding that when I have a smallish chart, this text is taking up a heap of space and cluttering the chart/blocking many of the candles?".

To remove Header info (common name is Legend) from upper left of NT 8 chart, it was suggested to remove the text from the Label parameter in the Data Series and Indicators configuration windows. IMO, this answer is inadequate as by so doing you remove not only the Header info but each Available named item listed in the Indicators window.

A far more simple and elequent solution is to have a Legend Show/Hide check box in the Properties window.

Also, have a Show/Hide/All check box on the Indicator configuration Window. Lastly,
        have a Show/Hide check box for each individual Indicator listed there.

The whole idea is to reduce the number of clicks to achieve perfunctory control of the Chart by the User.

Comment

Hi spooz2,

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll report them to the development team.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick