Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unhanded exception error (Bar timer indicator?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhanded exception error (Bar timer indicator?)

Hi guys,

I just received an error as shown in attached workspace image and text file.

I was just clicking through my market analyser to view the different symbols on my charts.

After getting this error, the dialogue box kept showing no matter how many times I pressed 'continue', requiring me to kill NT and restart.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Can you please upgrade to the Beta 5 release and see if this issue persists for you? If it does, can you please provide a step-by-step account of the process that can be used to replicate the issue?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I was unable to replicate the problem after installing Beta 5.

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Thank you, that's good news. Please let me know if this occurs again for you. If not, it is likely resolved in the current build.

Comment

Hi Dave,

I've just received the same error with the new Beta5 version. Again I was just clicking through my symbol list (market analyser) when this occurred.

Please see attached screenshot and error details. Pressing continue did not resolve the issue (the popup kept coming back) but I was able to exit NT using the close function.

I recently gave Jason a copy of my workspaces regarding another issue, so it's possible you might be able to replicate this error using the 'Systems 1 and 2' in those workspaces.

Cheers,
          Shane
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ShaneAU; 09-23-2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Thank you. I am able to reproduce this at random times with one of your "System 1 and 2" workspaces. I will continue to play around with it to nail down an exact reproducible scenario, and submit a report to our team as soon as I can.

Update: I've played around with this quite a bit this morning. So far, I'm able to reproduce the issue at will in Beta 5. However, if I remove the Pivots indicators from your workspace, the issue does not occur. Also, I am not able to reproduce it using our current internal builds. Since we have done a variety of work on Pivots recently, I'm thinking this may be the source of the issue.

Can you test one more thing for me? Can you remove all Pivots indicators from your workspaces, and see if you can reproduce the issue?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 09-23-2015, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, that’s good to hear there are no problems with the new internal build. I have been playing around after removing all pivots and have yet to have that error occur. I will let you know if this changes. Also FYI I have noticed a significant improvement in the speed of NT8 after removing the pivots from my charts.

Cheers,
              Shane

Comment

Thank you, that's good news. There are a few items we've fixed with Pivots recently, and the speed issue may improve as a result. I will keep an eye on any performance impact of Pivots moving forward, just to be sure.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes