Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a seems to be a "fluid" issue

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
    atata, I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end with your second scenario. After deleting the SwingAAA indicator, I can then remove it from the chart with no problems. Could there be something else going on in your scenario? Are you using any custom scripts that rely on SwingAAA, for example?
    My current test.
    1/ I've opened the Swing indicator in Script Editor.
    2/ Save as AAASwing02 and compile.
    3/ I was able to add it to a chart.
    4/ I've deleted the AAASwing indicator through the script editor.
    5/ Going back to the chart, indicator still there.
    6/ Clicking on the "Indicators" icon to see the list of indicators.
    7/ AAASwing02 is gone.
    8/ Closing the "Indicators" dialog the deleted AAASwing02 is deleted from the chart as well.

I guess what I've experienced at my last test is the designed functionality.

Well, all I can say I'll test it with future releases or if anything comes up along this line I'll update this thread...

Kind regards,

atata

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      atata, I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end with your second scenario. After deleting the SwingAAA indicator, I can then remove it from the chart with no problems. Could there be something else going on in your scenario? Are you using any custom scripts that rely on SwingAAA, for example?
      Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Doing a Save As will not update the Name property. Keep in mind that doing a Save As will only change the file name. There are three names to keep in mind: the file name, the class name, and the Name property. The Name property determines what will be displayed in the Strategies window, and that must always be set in code.
      Actually Save As ... also changes the class name.
      I'm going to call baloney on this in NT8B6. I've seen it before but didn't really care or want to put my finger on it.

I've been expanding and renaming strategies... sometimes they update all properties with SAVE AS, and sometimes it does NOT update the the (State=State.SetDefaults) Name = "strategy_name"...

And then this causes havoc in the Control Center Trade Performance because it is keyed off of something else - and you get the same results as another strategy with the same display name.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo