Strategies missing from visual studio solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies missing from visual studio solution

It seems as though indicators/strategies added by coping them to your Custom directory never get added to the VS Project. They show up in the NinjaScript Editor and get compiled but never get added to the project. Only items created from the NinjaScript editor get added to the project.

This creates problems when using source control and an item is added by another user after a get latest. Also, from just a consistency point of view, if it is in the compiled library it should be in the project.
    Last edited by GrumpyTrader; 09-21-2015, 09:07 AM.

Thank you. I can see this same thing on my end. I'm going to speak with our team to see if this is a NinjaTrader issue or a Visual Studio limitation. If there is anything we can do about it, I will submit a report to have the issue looked into.

Update: I have submitted a report about this with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8829.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 09-21-2015, 02:08 PM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Dave,
      I assumed that the project file for VS was generated by NT. Thought that was how you added new items from the NinjaScript Editor, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Can you tell me which operating system you are using? I am seeing this behavior on Windows 10, but a colleague is not seeing the same thing on Windows 7.

Comment

I'm using Win 10

Comment

Thank you -- this may be a clue to the cause. I will update our development team with this info to aid in their investigation. I've reported this with Tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8829.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 09-22-2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Please keep this in mind to test in the next Beta release, and it should no longer be an issue.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                Doesn't seem to be fixed. I still have to add items to the solution.

Comment

Thank you for re-testing. I will run a new series of tests on my end, as well, and I'll update this thread with any new information or requests for more information to help pin the issue down.

Comment

I'm not seeing the issue still present in my Beta 6 installation. Could you please test once more by reinstalling NinjaTrader with a brand new Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder?

I'm wondering if generating a new Custom project from scratch may do the trick in this particular instance, which would occur with a new Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder. You could simply rename your Documents folder before reinstalling, so that you can keep any user settings or custom scripts you have.

Comment

When I rerun installation it asks me to repair or remove. Which do I do?

Comment

What I would recommend is to start by uninstalling from the Control Panel's "Uninstall a Program" or "Add/Remove Programs" window, then rename the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder, and then the installer should just do a fresh install.

Comment

Ok, I uninstalled. Did a get from VS of my custom items (everything is in source control) and that seems to have fixed it.

Comment

Perfect, thank you for testing and verifying. You should now be able to simply copy/paste all of your scripts and templates into the new bin subfolders. If this issue does come up again, please let me know, and we will dig back in.

Comment

Hey Dave,
                              I still seem to be having this problem.

Environment: I'm on windows 10 and VS 2015 community version. I have NT8 on both my laptop and desktop. I program on both and synchronize them through the visual studio online source control. I only put my custom studies under source control.

I think I've isolated it to 2 scenarios:

a) create indicator on either laptop, save to source control, use a get on the other machine. It seems that if the NinjaScript Editor isn't used to create the script then it doesn't add it to the visual studio project.

b) I rename the script in the NinjaScript Editor and delete the old file from source control and add the new file (renamed file) to source control.

I can still get around it by manually adding the file to the project but it undo's the add next time it compiles. Hope this helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin