Collapse

Strategies missing from visual studio solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The issue with .cs files being removed from the Custom project when compiled is currently being looked into, so we are on the case on that one. We are also aware of the issue of scripts not appearing in the project if they are not generated via the NinjaScript Editor.

Am I understanding correctly that the files which are not showing up in the project initially were not created via the NinjaScript Editor? If so, then this would be expected as of the Beta 6 build. I was under the impression that you had a file which was create with the NinjaScript Editor on a different PC, and were then dropping that into a different Custom folder, and that is how I've been testing.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Actually, your understanding is correct. I created the study with the ninjascript editor on a different pc, added it to source control and copied the study (using VS source control) to a different pc.

Comment

Thank you. That is interesting, as I am still unable to reproduce the issue in Beta 6, and confirmed that there should be a fix in place. Using VS source control may be the key to reproduce the specific issue occurring in your case. As a test to verify, can you tell me if the same thing occurs if you manually paste a .cs file into the appropriate bin/Custom subfolder?

Comment

Hi Dave,
          Copying the studies manually seems to work, but not always. I tried copying the files that are missing from the project currently but it doesn't add them to the solution (but it does recompile). Not sure where to go from here. What is weird is that they are in the NinjaScript Editor just not in the VS project. Is different logic used between the two of them?

Comment

What should be happening in the background is that any the NinjaScript Editor compiles and makes a change to the Custom.dll, the Visual Studio Custom project should need reloaded (which VS should prompt you to do), and that would be the point at which the files update in the VS Solution Explorer.

We have just resolved an issue that relates to this one in our latest internal build. This issue related to files being removed from the Custom project and disappearing from the VS Solution Explorer when changes were made. This issue related back to the FileWatcher we are using to detect changes to the custom.dll project, so I'm wondering if the same issue in Beta 6 is causing the behavior that you are seeing. Would you mind testing this (both ways -- manually adding and adding via source control) once more when the Beta 7 build is released? If the issue occurs at that time, then there may be a deeper issue at play on your side that we could investigate further.

Comment

will do once B7 is available

Comment

Hey Dave,
                After a period of time the missing studies appeared in the project (not sure how long). I'm thinking there is a timing issue here. Perhaps the file watcher service only runs periodically? There doesn't seem to be any relationship timing wise between compiling the custom studies and the VS project being updated.
                Last edited by GrumpyTrader; 11-10-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post George21  
                Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Stanfillirenfro