X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B5 - Order Markets incorrect time-zone offset

To reproduce:

Set PC to be in central time
    Submit Live Order to be filled from chart using char trader.
    Duplicate tab
    verify time for marker of submitted order in the tab that was duplicated:

Result - it shows as if I submitted an order 1 hr earlier.
    Broker MBTrading (I believe they have data in eastern time)
    NT8 is using central time zone.

Hi music_p13,

MB Trading assumes an Eastern time zone setting by default, but you can change this with these steps:

* Launch MB Desktop Pro
    * Navigate to Tools > Preferences
    * Change the 'Time display' option from Eastern Time (EDT) to Local Time
    * Restart NT8 and MB Desktop Pro.

Your orders should then execute with the proper timestamp reflecting your local time going forward.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Actually that option was already selected. Reproduced same issue today again. (Local Time - Time Display CDT).

Comment

Hi music_p13,

Interesting, I will need to test this some more.

In the meantime, just to test, could you sync your PC clock and check once more if the wrong timestamps are being given on your trades?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi music_p13,

What is your time zone set to in the NT8 Control Center > Tools > Options menu?

Comment

In tools Options NT8 I always had (never had to change) Central Time (UTC-06:00).

It shows current time correctly on the chart in correct zone in live market. The issue is that Order Markers when order is getting placed are 1 hr behind.

Comment

Hi music_p13,

It seems as though when I select Local time in MBT Desktop Pro and select my timezone in NT8, the timestamps are correct as they should be. If you're still seeing this, can you sync your PC clock and let me know if you still see it?

Comment

MBTrading won't support forex anymore after October 23 - all Forex accounts will be transferred to TradeKing through Capital Gain... So I will check it with the new broker and will let you know...

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                13 responses
                0 likes