Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heiken Ashi with range bars

Hello,

I was able to setup the charts to use Heiken Ashi with range bars in NinjaTrader 7. I'm not finding the option in NinjaTrader 8. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hello wbennettjr,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, Heiken Ashi cannot currently be created based on a range bar. This is something which our development team is looking in to changing however. I will forward your support for this type of change to development.

If you wish to check back on this in the future we have assigned this feature request to SFT-474 in our internal tracking system.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!

I've tried to copy a slightly modified version into NT8 but it's not displaying correctly. I've attached a copy to see if you can figure out why. It may be due to not knowing what the NT8 version of ChartControl.ShowBarsRequired is. What is the property to use for this in NT8?
      Attached Files

Comment

I figured out the display issue. Needed to use Series<T>.GetValueAt() and also, MinValue is initially set to 0 on entry to OnCalculateMinMax().

Comment

Any update on the NT8 equivalent of NT7 ChartControl.ShowBarsRequired?

Comment

Hello wbennettjr,

Could you please clarify what you were using ChartControls.ShowBarsRequired for in your original code? There is likely going to be a different approach to take in NinjaTrader 8.

Thank you in advance.
            Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

It was being used in the Heiken Ashi indicator that I ported from NT7. You can have a look at the Plot() method override in that indicator.

Code:
               if (idx - Displacement < 0 || idx - Displacement >= BarsArray[0].Count || (![COLOR=royalblue]ChartControl.ShowBarsRequired[/COLOR] && idx - Displacement < BarsRequired))
              continue;

Comment

Hello wbennettjr,

Thank you for clarifying. This was an artifact left over from porting the Heiken Ashi from an earlier version of NinjaTrader to NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 7 the ChartControl.ShowBarsRequired variable has been hardcoded to always return false.

You can ignore this code in both NinjaTrader 7 and 8.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Heiken Ashi for NT8

hi wbennettjr,
                  I could not display your posted NT8 version of Heiken Ashi indicator in NT8.
                  Were you able to make it work?
                  If you have a version that works, it would be great if you can share it.
                  Ninjatrader_Kyle, why does NT8 drop this indicator from packaged indicators?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yubo27 View Post
                    hi wbennettjr,
                    I could not display your posted NT8 version of Heiken Ashi indicator in NT8.
                    Were you able to make it work?
                    If you have a version that works, it would be great if you can share it.
                    Ninjatrader_Kyle, why does NT8 drop this indicator from packaged indicators?

Thanks.
                    It was reimplemented as a bar type.

Using it just as an indicator only changed the appearance of the chart data, and did not actually change the underlying values. That caused issues when people attempted to backtest or calculate other values using Heiken Ashi. It has been reimplemented as a bar type to allow users to backtest or run other calculations on the actual Heiken Ashi values.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Yubo,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for a bit. The working indicator file is in the following post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=78846. Let me know if that works for you.

Wil

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post cre8able  
                      Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes