User Authentication Check for 3rd Party software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Authentication Check for 3rd Party software

Could you please provide clarification as to the correct way to perform a User Authentication Check?

I assume we should use VendorLicense(string, string, string, string, System.Func<bool>).

I understand the first 4 strings to be VendorName, SoftwareModuleName, VendorWebsite, and VendorEmail; but what is the (apparently optional) System.Func<bool> and how do we use it? I'm guessing that last variable provides an indication of whether on not the User was Authenticated, but I'm not sure. Could you provide a snippet?

Also, in the Best Practices for 3rd Party Developers section of your documentation, it states that "A license check should have a time out in case of internet issues..." Again, could you provide a snippet? Or, perhaps you could provide one snippet for both questions.

I've tried inserting VendorLicense(string, string, string, string) [without the fifth variable] in the OnStateChange() method in State.SetDefaults, but it seems to prevent some of my indicators from working properly.

Thanks, Jim

Hello,

It sounds like you may be missing half of the puzzle for vendor licensing. Have you spoken with our Business Development team to obtain a Vendor ID and the Vendor Licensing help guide? When you do, they should provide you with a sample licensed indicator that shows that final Func<T> parameter in use. I've attached the sample script to this post for your convenience.

If you have not yet spoken to the Business Development team, then you would also not have received the Vendor Licensing AddOn. You will need this AddOn to actually create licenses (including one for yourself to test). Once you have licensed yourself using a test product via the AddOn, you should then be able to test your user authentication successfully.

A timeout could be coded in a number of ways. For example, you might consider using the advice in this Stack Overflow post to test for internet connectivity, then set a bool to True when you can confirm the connection was made. You could then use a timer to throw an exception if the bool does not evaluate to True within a set amount of time.
    Attached Files
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    2 responses