Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex Instruments

Here's a user story for you:

"As a Forex Trader I want to add the major Currency Pairs and a few select cross-pairs that I might want to trade to my Forex Instrument list. I don't know exactly which instruments I want.... and I may want to add some that I hadn't actually considered; but I will know them when I see them. I would like to view a list of what Forex instruments are available, and choose from the list which ones I want to add."

If there is actually a way to achieve this very simple requirement (possibly a trader's first requirement in a new platform?) then its definitely not obvious enough....

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please open the Instrument Manager via the Tools > Instrument Manager option which you will find in the Control Center. After selecting the instrument please set the Type field to Currency then click the search button to filter the list on the right side of the window to show available forex instruments.

You can then add any instrument shown in this menu to a list by following the steps which are outlined here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ment_lists.htm

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sadly the very useful instrument manager is gone in NT8. Replaced with "Instruments" - a list of all instruments that serves no useful function aside from showing a list. and "Instruments Lists" which allows adding by blind search or removing.

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry for the confusion on my part - my original answer assumed that NinjaTrader 7 was being used.

In NinjaTrader 8 please select Tools > Instruments Lists. Next, please select Forex from the list on the left. On the right side of the menu please click the Add button then click the magnifying glass icon to open the Instruments menu. In the Search field, please select Forex to display a list of available instruments. Selecting an instrument from this menu and clicking
        OK will allow you to add the instrument to your instrument list.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kyle; 09-22-2015, 06:11 PM.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes