Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interval link bug between workspaces after NT restart

Hi guys,

When an 'open/active' workspace is displayed for the first time since restarting NT, it doesn't recognise changes to the interval link since the last NT restart. After the workspace has been been displayed once, it will start working.

I.e. if I change the interval link of ‘aqua blue’ in one workspace, then display the next workspace that has this interval link on a chart, the chart will only have updated to my new interval if I had previously displayed that other workspace since an NT restart (even though the workspace was meant to be'open/active' in background), otherwise the chart will default to whatever the interval had previously been when we last closed NT (instead of to the latest interval link change).

Hope that makes sense...

Cheers,
    Shane

Hello Shane,

Sorry, I am not quite sure if I follow. Am I correct you are saying the interval link color is not saved after a restart? If so, did you save the workspace when you shut down NinjaTrader?

I can reproduce it when I do not save the workspace. If I start NinjaTrader, it uses the interval link color that was used before. If I change it to the color I want, subsequently exit NinjaTrader and save all workspaces, it starts with the color last selected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I think you should be able to replicate by doing these steps:

* Have a chart in one workspace with blue link
      * Have a chart in a second workspace with blue link.
      * Make sure both charts are showing the same interval correctly, then restart NT8
      * Now in the first workspace, change the interval to a different time.
      * When you open the second workspace, it won't have updated the time to the new interval.
      * However, if you go back to the first workspace and change interval again, and then go back to second workspace it will have worked this time.

So what I mean is that it's not updating intervals until the workspace is actually displayed after a restart, even though it's open in the 'background'.

Hope that helps & cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Hello Shane,

Thank you for clarifying and providing these detailed steps.

I am able to reproduce the issue on my end. I will forward a report to development. Thank you for reporting.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes