Unnhandled Exception: Not enough quota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unnhandled Exception: Not enough quota

I'm experimenting with the tick replay setting in the Data Series dialogue box. When I first started using it I got the following error, and it appeared to lock up NT, (although what really happened is NT was really really busy for a long time).

Here's the message:
    Unhandled Exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command

So what does that mean exactly? What is quota? Is it memory, disk space, something else?

Do I need to add more memory to my machine to mitigate this issue.? I'm already running an Intel Core i5 CPU with a solid state hard drive, though I only have 8GB of memory. Will adding memory fix this?

Thanks

DaveN

The error message is general is related to virtual memory. You may want to check the size of your paging file - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx

If you continue to see this, please let us know as there could be some items during beta where NT8 could be erroneously using more memory than what is really needed.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I looked at virtual paging, it was set at about 8,800. I raised it to minimum of 12,000 with a max of 18,000. Restarted my computer. Fired up NT, then loaded a new NQ chart with all my indicators on it, that I had never looked at in NT8. Though it took a while to populate, (a few minutes), when it loaded, all of the indicators were correct. I have two which are real-time only, and they were both completely plotted for the three day history I loaded. No errors in the log.
      Completely Awesome, I love NT8.
      You guys are terrific, thanks
      DaveN
      Last edited by daven; 09-23-2015, 11:18 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Glad to hear that helped! It is expected that the 'tick replay' mode will use more memory and CPU resources, therefore takes longer to calculate, but I do hope you enjoy the benefits of using this mode! Please do not hesitate to let us know if you see more issues.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes