Trouble downloading install file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble downloading install file

I have downloaded the new open beta a few times now and do not get a setup file. What I get is a msi file. When I click on it I get the run option but when I click on that I get an error message stating that this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. I’m at a loss as how to proceed and would appreciate any help or direction as to loading the program.

Thanks

Hi ForJL,

What version of Windows are you running currently?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi Alex,

It is Win 7 Home Premium Ver 6.1 (build 7601 Service Pack1)

Comment

Hi ForJL,

If you right-click on the setup msi file > left-click Properties, do you see an option to Unblock the file?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Yes I do, I tried unblocking now I get a Ninja 8 setup message stating the following applications are preventing the installer to continue. Please close them and try again. No applications are listed however. I did try shutting Anti-Virus but it didn't help. Perhaps a reboot is needed?

Comment

Hi ForJL,

Yes, I might suggest that just to clear any processes that might be interfering. Also, if the option is available when you right-click on the msi file, I would also suggest clicking Run as Administrator, then see if that does the same.

Comment

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the help and suggestions. I'll give it a try after markets close.

Comment

Alex, just wanted to let you know the reboot along with your suggestions did the trick. Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by MSerag, Yesterday, 11:52 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by dcriador, Yesterday, 01:43 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse