Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Reward Tool Bug

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been reported, but there is a bug with the R/R tool when we use it more than once on a chart.

NT8 is doing a couple of funny things - sometimes if we add a second RR it will remove the first one, or sometimes the second one won’t allow us to change the level (this appears to be if the new RR level we are trying to enter would take us off the visible screen).

Please try the below steps to replicate:

* Use the RR tool to draw a line at 1.5R (or another level which shows on the current chart without scrolling)

* Then draw a separate RR tool at 2R (or another level which it is shown on the chart). This should works fine also.

*Now double click the 2R line and try and change the R multiple to a level which would make it go off the chart (such as 6R).

The following happens:

1) NT8 removes the first RR lines which you drew from your screen
    2) NT8 won't update the second RR lines to the new value, and it won’t allow you to enter a value which would take the line off the screen.

So it is not currently allowing multiple R levels to be drawn on a chart, if the later R levels go off the visible screen. As a side-note, I mentioned an improvement for this tool in my original post at http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=78369 ... I refer to it here in case the developers are fixing the bug and wanted to consider this feature also.

Cheers,
    Shane

Hello Shane,

Thank you for reporting this item.

I could not reproduce this on my end but likely I am not following your instructions properly. Can you provide a screenshot of the items you are adjusting in the Properties for the Risk Reward tool?
    In addition, if you are using any templates for the Risk Reward would you mind attaching them to your response?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Please see attached video (with audio) at https://youtu.be/Hh3heHF15Ww

During the testing to make the video I found a little more info about the bug which might help narrow it down.

My default template is set to 1.2 R. This issue has persisted through a clean NT8 install though (including new templates).

Cheers,
      Shane
      Last edited by ShaneAU; 09-26-2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Thank you for the video.

Can you send us your log and trace files so we may investigate this further?

You can do this by going to Help > Email Support. Please reference this thread in the e-mail: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=78471"

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I just did this as requested and got the automated confirmation message from NT Support, but then I found a returned email in my junk box immediately with the message returned saying:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
          No such person at this address"

Is this an issue with the bug reporting? This returned email also had a copy of my message attached which I sent NT through the Help > Email Support.

Cheers,
          Shane
          Last edited by ShaneAU; 09-29-2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I just submitted another log and trace file via Help > Email Support (regarding different bug) and got an email referencing ' [email protected]' which bounced back. It seems that maybe this process is trying to email both the correct support email and also a second email to [email protected].

Cheers,
            Shane

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

This is an update that I am currently investigating this issue and I will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.
              Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

I have tried to recreate this issue without success using the steps in your original post and the steps in your video. Could you please let me know what your region settings are set to?
                Could you please also let me know what version of Windows you are running?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. My PC settings are Brisbane time zone. NT is set to Eastern Time UTC -5 and I am running Windows 10. My Windows Region setting is ‘Australia’.

There appear to be several issues. Firstly, if I draw two RR objects on the same chart and then double-click on the second object to bring up the properties, it is bringing up the settings for the first object by default, instead of the second object which is the one I clicked on..

To replicate:
                  1. Open a chart.
                  2. Draw a RR line.
                  3. Double click on the RR line and make a note of the object number which it is, ie. ‘Risk Reward 9’.
                  4. Draw a second RR line, somewhere well away from the first RR line.
                  5. Double click on that second RR line and you should note that it will bring up the first RR Object number, not the second one which is the one you clicked on (i.e. it will show settings for Risk Reward 9 not Risk Reward 10).

Now for the next bug, try changing the settings of the second Risk Reward line you drew, i.e. double click on it and change the Ratio to a new figure.

You should see the first RR has physically moved its location on the chart to where the second RR was located, even though you were not intending to modify the first RR object.

Hope that helps
                  Cheers,
                  Shane

Comment

Hi

This sounds similar to this http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...869#post429869, which will be resolved in NT8 B6.

Cheers
                    Tony

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

I have retested this on Windows 10 with the region and time settings you described and I am still unable to replicate the issue.

What I have noticed however is that I always start with my first RiskReward being called "Risk Reward 1" and they go up numerically from there with each new one I add.

I have yet to have the platform start me with "Risk Reward 9" or something random like that.

Could you please confirm that this is the case for you as well?

Please also navigate to Help -> Email Support... Set the subject line to: "Attn: Michael M http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=78471" and check every option under "Other Files".

I have attached a screenshot of where these check boxes reside.
                      Then press Send.

Thank you in advance.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michael,

I will send these for you in the next 15 mins.

The numbering usually starts for me above 1, maybe this is because I have some RR drawing objects still on past charts, I' not sure how NT chooses the number it assigns, but if I draw two RR on a chart, the second one is always higher than the first. (Update: I just tried this in a new blank workspace after restarting NT and it started from 1 and second line being 2, but the bug persisted, please see video https://youtu.be/CUhDB8uTDi0)

There seemed to be a common theme in Jellybeans response and link he posted that his issues involved a default template. I also have a default template set for the RR tool (my template just has a ratio setting of 1.2).

Please also note that this behaviour happens for me in all workspaces, even if I create a new blank workspace with only 1 chart.

I'm not sure if it has relevance, but my charts are all forex.

Cheers,
                        Shane
                        Last edited by ShaneAU; 10-20-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Please see attached screenshot of the error I received when trying to upload the files. I will try again a bit later on.

Also as a side-note, can i make the suggestion that this email support window is not always on top? ...Because for the 20 minutes it took trying to send the files before it failed, the window remained on top of all my other windows and I couldn't minimise it, and because it was right in the centre of the screen it was quite a pain

Cheers,
                          Shane
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf for the Email Support window to not be the only focusable window when it is open. I am not sure if this is a limitation of sending program files while the program is running however.

Please let me know if you continue to experience difficulties sending the requested files.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Michael,

I keep getting that error, then I tried to send just some of the files with the intention of sending the remainder separately, but that didn’t work either as the array error persisted.

Can I email them instead? I know where workspaces, trace and layout files are. If the others are somewhere I can zip, I am happy to do that way.

Cheers,
                              Shane

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response