how to import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to import

Welcom NT 8.how to import 3rd party indicator and or a stratgy in to NT 8?

Hello,
    To import Custom NinjaScript Files you will go to Tools> Import> NinjaScript.
    If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,this is very simple,i have checked already this option.BUT,My question was how to ? the process?
      where to save the file if some body e mail u or i d/l from a forum.Do i need to save it Directly in NT8/documents or if already saved on computer,how to import in NT8 after click on import/ninja script?

Comment

Originally posted by alfa123 View Post
        Thanks,this is very simple,i have checked already this option.BUT,My question was how to ? the process?
        where to save the file if some body e mail u or i d/l from a forum.Do i need to save it Directly in NT8/documents or if already saved on computer,how to import in NT8 after click on import/ninja script?
        Save the file where ever you want.

You are then able to change directories and import it with a file dialog box.

Comment

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.
          • To Import
          • Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
          • From the Control Center window select the menu Tools> Import >NinjaScript
          • Select the downloaded .zip file(You will need to locate this using the windows explorer window that propmpts)
          • NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
          • Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
          • Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
          • Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,i was doing this way for NT7 since long time.For NT8,There was a little different style,make me some confusion but its ok now,i m fine.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
              Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.
              • To Import
              • Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
              • From the Control Center window select the menu Tools> Import >NinjaScript
              • Select the downloaded .zip file(You will need to locate this using the windows explorer window that propmpts)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
              The Import address window does not prompt you to windows explorer. Am I missing something?

The confusion is that one has to first figure out where his downloaded zip folder is and then manually type the file location instead of the default location in the import window (which is the bin>custom, and makes no sense as a location for files to be imported from). This is confusing and extra and different from NT7.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                The Import address window does not prompt you to windows explorer. Am I missing something?

The confusion is that one has to first figure out where his downloaded zip folder is and then manually type the file location instead of the default location in the import window (which is the bin>custom, and makes no sense as a location for files to be imported from). This is confusing and extra and different from NT7.
                Why? Post a screen shot of what you are seeing that is confusing that you can't navigate...

Comment

There is one other way to navigate through the custom File Explorer dialogues. You can double-click the folder labeled "..." in the top-left corner of the dialogue to quickly move up one level, then simply drill down into the right folder once you have located it.

We have decided to implement the standard Windows File Explorers in most cases throughout NinjaTrader 8, with the exception being any cases in which we do not allow users to navigate outside of a specific directory. Once we have implemented this change, you should see all of the familiar functionality that you are looking for.
                  Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                  0 responses