Collapse

NT8B5-I'm in trouble - out of disk space-NT8 restore - market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. It took some doing, but I was able to successfully replicate the issue, and I did see temporary files which were not cleaned up after the failed Restore. I have reported this to our team with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-9010 so we can investigate further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've got some preliminary feedback from our development team on this issue. I've learned that the extraneous temporary files in the tmp folder are actually cleared out each time NinjaTrader 8 is launched. Is that consistent with what you experienced, or did you see the tmp files remain in place after a restart?

Comment

I'm not sure I tried that.

When out of disk space the last thing you probably will do is try to run NT again.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          When out of disk space the last thing you probably will do is try to run NT again.
          Awful cheap solutions to this out there now a days..

Click Here

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            I'm not sure I tried that.

That is understandable. I believe that this would solve the issue in the specific case that you were working on, as it should clean up those leftover temporary files on the next launch. If you ever run into this issue again, please try a restart to see if the files are deleted as expected. If they are not, then we would have a deeper issue on our hands to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
              If they are not, then we would have a deeper issue on our hands to investigate.
              HELLO?!!!

This is BETA... I know this is "low hanging fruit' with all the other stuff involved...

But NT8B5 doesn't clean itself up on out of space issues....

You all have trapped the disk full issue, but don't clean up.

This is a BUG in every sense. The program continues to think nothing has happened, and occupies every data bit of my computer.

Enter it as a bug and clean it up at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
                That is understandable. I believe that this would solve the issue in the specific case that you were working on, as it should clean up those leftover temporary files on the next launch. If you ever run into this issue again, please try a restart to see if the files are deleted as expected. If they are not, then we would have a deeper issue on our hands to investigate.
                Temp files were cleaned up on next launch as I was again out of disk space.

Also - when trying trying to remove files in the TMP that weren't needed for import produced another unhandled exception that left the files in TMP. (But it at least said something wasn't available that was expected (file not found type of thing).. which would be expected if someone knew what they were doing in the TMP folder.

Anyways, Seeing as how you all expect any troglodyte to relaunch NT to clean up disk space after filling up their disk space and letting them fend for themselves I do find appalling.

Comment

p.s. I obviously fill those ranks as I had issues and didn't know what was going on or why my disk space was evaporating beyond belief.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Sledge. We have it logged.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Delerium  
                    Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post FAQtrader