Big Delay Between DOM and Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Delay Between DOM and Chart

This morning while trading the ES there was an issue with delay between the DOM, T&S, and the chart. I'm attaching a screen shot of the chart which shows the issue. The DOM showed a price of 1887.50 while the price on the chart was 1888.50. Based on what I saw at the time, it appeared that the delay was associated with the chart. It later resolved but it is happening periodically, basically when the ES market starts moving, the delay appears then gets worse. I haven't noticed this phenomenon on Crude, so far only on ES.
    DaveN
    Attached Files

Hello,
    Do you receive this delay if you compare it to a chart with no indicators or add ons added to it?
    I look forward to your reply.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I haven't done that, since I don't trade with naked charts. If that is something you need me to do, I can try it, but since it only happens in fast markets, it may be days before the same situation occurs again.
      Not sure how I can assist you in your troubleshooting given my current situation. I reported it because I believe it is a bug. Do I need to prove it is a bug?
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daven View Post
        I haven't done that, since I don't trade with naked charts. If that is something you need me to do, I can try it, but since it only happens in fast markets, it may be days before the same situation occurs again.
        Not sure how I can assist you in your troubleshooting given my current situation. I reported it because I believe it is a bug. Do I need to prove it is a bug?
        Dave
        Clearly it is a bug, but any variables you can provide will certainly help us narrow this down.

While we review this internally, if you do see it again, please see if you can open a chart with no other objects on it to see if the issue persists on that chart, or it it's isolated to the existing chart. Your experience and reports will be valuable in us assessing the cause of the issue.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I'm setting up a separate workspace with just one chart, no indicators, and a dom. If I see it again, I will go to that workspace and see if the problem exists there.
          DaveN

Comment

This is very strange. I'm trying to create that new workspace. When I try to open a new chart I get an error message, "Unhandled exception, object reference not set to an instance of an object." When I go to the chart open dialogue and try to select an instrument all that shows up in the instrument dialogue box is "dummy", and I can't select an instrument, so essentially I cannot open a new chart in my new simple workspace.
            DaveN

Comment

This is very strange. I'm trying to create that new workspace. When I try to open a new chart I get an error message, "Unhandled exception, object reference not set to an instance of an object." When I go to the chart open dialogue and try to select an instrument all that shows up in the instrument dialogue box is "dummy", and I can't select an instrument, so essentially I cannot open a new chart in my new simple workspace.
              DaveN
              At this stage, it might be best for us to log into your PC to see what is going on here between these two issues. Could you email us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to if you have some time today for someone to log in and check out what is causing these problems?

Comment

I checked. I can open any other item on the new list choices but I cannot open a new chart.

Comment

I will have to do that later today. I have a couple of appointments I need to run to. Should I just send a message to support when I get back? I'm likely to be gone about two hours.
                  DaveN

Comment

Yes, feel free to send in a note when that works for you. In the meantime, try the steps in this thread where a user had a similar issue: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=78031

At any rate, I would want to know what is causing these issues and us logging in would probably be the most efficient way to do so

Comment

Okay I'm back. Based on the last reference you sent me I went in and deleted the templates and restarted NT. I can now create a chart. However, the data I get when I create the chart is suspicious. There are no bars between 2345 last night and 11:56 AM today. This is on a minute chart. It appears that when I connect to NT Continuum, a bunch of bar data is gone. There is just a huge gap in the chart, and all of the trading I did this morning shows up as one continuous line on the right side of the chart. So clearly, no data since last night is loading into the chart. I will send a message into support, telling them someone can log in and look at my installation.
                      Thanks
                      DaveN

Comment

Our server team is currently investigating an issue on our historical data servers related to the missing data.

Please do follow up with support so we can look at those chart templates and anything else in your setup that might clue us in on what was occurring with the chart this morning.

Comment

Chart Gap

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I'm seeing on the chart. This is after reloading the data. This is what a chart looks like in NT7, before the historical data is loaded in.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I'm seeing on the chart. This is after reloading the data. This is what a chart looks like in NT7, before the historical data is loaded in.
                            Thanks, we can reproduce that issue and a resolution is pending on our end.

Comment

Data Gap

Here's another screen shot of the same morning period with IQ Feed. You can see there is no issue with the data. Whatever happened it happened with NT Continuum.
                              DaveN
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              3 responses