Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Yes, it is still being reviewed internally. It will hit our release notes when it is fixed using ID # 8847

Leave a comment:

• ShaneAU
    replied
    Hi Matthew,

In Beta 6 I am still getting data gaps on most of my charts and have to right-click reload data constantly. Is this still a known issue that’s being investigated? I can often replicate by changing the amount of data loaded on a chart, and it gaps (like from 100 to 200 bars). Or if I disconnect and reconnect it gaps… sometimes it just gaps and I don’t know why... gaps everywhere

Frustrating because I can be analyzing a chart then notice a tiny gap somewhere on the chart, and when I hit refresh it's like a whole different chart.

...using Windows 10, PC is Brisbane time zone and NT is set to UTC -5.

Cheers,
    Shane

Leave a comment:

• Ricam
    replied
    Once again there are time gaps on CQG futures data backfill. 1:25 AM ET

As of 7:30 AM ET looks like was fixed.
    Last edited by Ricam; 10-21-2015, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    We have switched to a backup server. Please restart NinjaTrader 8 and reconnect to CQG and reload your historical data. You should be on HDS9.NinjaTrader.com per the log tab of the Control Center. If you are still on HDS5.NinjaTrader.com, you will need to make sure to restart NinjaTrader 8.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricam View Post
    Time gaps on charts of YM and ES every time I reload historical data.. Connections are CQG first and DTN IQ second.
    Thanks for reporting, we are looking into.

Leave a comment:

• Ricam
    replied
    Time gaps on charts of YM and ES every time I reload historical data.. Connections are CQG first and DTN IQ second.

Leave a comment:

• Ricam
    replied
    HDS9 is working better now. When I connected to CQG the gap was filled. Then I made another connection to DTN IQ Feed and the gap came back.
    Looked in both log files, they show the connection to CQG server HDS9 but do not show anything regarding the DTN connection.
    Restarted NT8 at 7:58 PT and now no gaps in charts with both feeds connected. Just so you know that this problem might not be limited to HDS9.
    Thx
    Last edited by Ricam; 10-09-2015, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Thanks for reporting guys, our server team is investigating.

Leave a comment:

• palinuro
    replied
    Problems again for me too. Connected to CQG and HDS9. Not recording historical data, and tried refreshing to no avail.

My charts also seem to be taking considerably longer to load, though I haven't made any changes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ricam
    replied
    server problem again

As of early today Oct 9, once again there are time gaps appearing on my charts due to what I think are server problems, Type 3 error on HDS9.

I am not recording for historical or replay. Data feed is CQG.

Similar problems reported in thread "Tick Replay Mode Issue" may be related to this bug.

2015-10-08 20:48:01:381|1|2|AMP CQG: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    2015-10-08 20:48:24:376|1|2|AMP CQG: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    2015-10-08 20:48:24:504|1|2|Time to auto close position='12:00:00 AM', Enabled=False
    2015-10-08 20:48:24:550|1|2|Connecting to HDS server (HDS9.NinjaTrader.com/31655)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ricam; 10-09-2015, 08:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Just as a general update regarding the various issue brought to light in this thread as of Beta Release 5. These items ONLY apply to NinjaTrader 8 Beta.

1. There is a known issue related to loading data at the session break where the requests could span multiple days. If your chart is currently gaping until the the session start as per the screenshot 1, the issue is known and being looked into. NTEIGHT-8847. Reloading your chart or changing the session template should correct the gap, but the gap may be present again on subsequent restarts until the bug is fixed in next beta release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	874940

2. If you are having issues loading data between restarts (e.g., you are seeing gaps for periods you were not connected as per screenshot 2), this could be attributed to using the Tools-> Options-> "Record Live Data as Historica" option. The gaps are not a bug, but rather an consequence of attempting to record your own data as historical. This option was designed for users without access to historical data, and using it in conjunction with a historical data provider will absolutely leave gaps on the chart. If you have access to historical data, it is intended to be turned off (unchecked).

Name:	img2.png
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	874941

3. If you see gaps in data unrelated to these settings, which are NOT fixed by reloading all historical data / deleting historical data from the Data Manager and downloading again, there could be issues with our historical data server which our development is still working on as the number of concurrent users grows. Please check with our support team to see if the gaps you are reporting are reproducible. This would only apply to NinjaTrader Historical Data servers used for Continuum, CQG, Rithmic, and FXCM. In your reports, please be sure to check which historical data server you are connected to which is listed in the Log tab. For example, in my screenshot, I was connected to CQG and HDS9.NinjaTrader.com. The "HDS" number will vary from time to time as we switch users to various servers as we work on issues.

Name:	img3.png
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	874942

For all other issues, please let us know if you have steps to reproduce and posting in this thread or by emailing platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with screenshots of your charts, including log and trace files. It may be more efficient for us to remote into your PC's to look over your settings to see what may be contributed to any gaps in data.

As a tip, it can be helpful to pinpoint and easily visualize gaps by right clicking on the chart-> select "properties"-> and unchecking "Equidistant bar spacing". With this option unchecked, your charts X-axis will be spaced by time, and if there are periods where there is data missing from the chart, it should be very easy to see in this mode.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 10-09-2015, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Which instrument and interval was in your screenshot?

For the object reference error, can you email your trace file to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Leave a comment:

• palinuro
    replied
    Hi,

I also continue to have consistent difficulty with historical backfill on connecting. It doesn't seem to be affected by session templates, either standard or custom.
    This morning and this evening not even reloading historical data corrected the problem, though perhaps that's down to your historical server?

I am also getting a consistent error (perhaps related to missing data?), "Unhandled exception: Object referrence not set to an instance of an object" whenever I load a template with an indicator.

It doesn't seem to matter what indicator (standard or custom), and adding the indicator independently (not as part of a template) causes no error.

I've attached a pic, you can see both issues.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Thanks shane, we're still looking into a separate, but related issue in terms of the sessions/time zones and bar requests.

Leave a comment:

• ShaneAU
    replied
    Hi guys,

Just a heads up that 'Record Live Data as Historical' wasn't checked on my PC. So unfortunately this wasn't the fix for the issues I am experiencing. Screenshot with gaps and settings attached.

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post wzgy0920  
Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM