Time gaps on simple charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time gaps on simple charts

Typical problem as shown, no data between midnight yesterday and 930AM today. Data feed is AMP CQG. Session template is Default 24/7. Reload All Historical Data has no effect, nor does reloading historical data with the Historical Data Manager.

Although those things did seem to work last week...
    Attached Files

Hello Ricam,
    Thank you for your post,

I was able to look into this further with our Development team; we were able to determine there was an issue with one of our historical data servers which has now been resolved.

You will need to close and restart NinjaTrader. After this, reconnect to your data feed.

Let me know if this persists after taking these steps.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sorta worked

To fix the time gaps I had to right click and reload historical data. The time gaps did not fill automatically when I logged back on.

Inconvenient, I can live with that but it seems like a bug.

Thanks for quick action fixing server.

Comment

I noticed this today too. Glad it is already fixed before i could report it.

But for me it highlighted another problem.
        I had a chart with missing data open. I clicked 'Reload Historical Data'. Then the 'Loading...' text. And then nothing and after around 5 Minutes the 'Loading...' disappeared from the chart.

I did not know if there is no new data or if there was an error while downloading the data or...
        The user needs to be notified when data loading fails in any way. And then write a detailed log message into the trace file that indicates what went wrong.

Comment

Hello Ricam, Tiixo,

Thank you for the follow up, glad to hear this resolved the issue you were seeing.

I will forward a note to our Development team with your suggestions; we always to welcome your feedback regarding ways we can improve NinjaTrader.

Thank you for testing!

Comment

Time gaps on backfilled data series, and candles not drawn correctly

As of tonight, 11:30 PM PT Sept 29, again getting time gaps in historical charts. Also, the candles on some charts are not being formed correctly, which I would guess is due to problems with historical data.

See candles in highlighted rectangles on attached chart. I made the bars transparent to show the defects more clearly.

There is another 10T YM price series in a different pane of this same chart. The bars of that price series are not vertically aligned with those of the one in the top pane, they are off by half a slot.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ricam; 09-30-2015, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Hello Ricam,

Thank you for your post,

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this on my end. If you still see these gaps, could you please give me details on where the gaps or issues with the data can be found?

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

With respect to incorrectly formed candles, can you let us know if you have "Equidistant bar spacing" set to false under Chart Properties? If yes, at first glance I this could be expected since bars are plotted aligned to time thus two bars with the same time stamp would be plotted on top of each other, as an example.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ricam View Post
                  As of tonight, 11:30 PM PT Sept 29, again getting time gaps in historical charts.
                  Just following up on this specific issue. We are able to confirm that there is no gap in data on our servers. We have identified an issue client side that is causing a gap on a Default 24x5 template, this could be related to what you are seeing. This will be forwarded to development.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but whenever I restart NT I invariable have data gaps, sometimes they can be for almost every chart in all my workspaces and I have to right click and reload the historical data.

Is this a known bug or does anyone have any idea how to resolve it? I'm not sure if its my imagination but it seems to be getting frequently worse (or maybe my tolerance for it is getting less )

I have attached some screenshots...

Cheers,
                    Shane
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was in touch with Platform support about this yesterday. The whole of May 2015 is missing from the Forex Daily charts using Ninjatrader historical servers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think the problem I'm experiencing might be different as it's not limited to May. Sometimes it is several candles just not displaying or sometimes it is half the chart missing, but reloading the historical data always resolves it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneAU View Post
                          Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but whenever I restart NT I invariable have data gaps, sometimes they can be for almost every chart in all my workspaces and I have to right click and reload the historical data.

Is this a known bug or does anyone have any idea how to resolve it? I'm not sure if its my imagination but it seems to be getting frequently worse (or maybe my tolerance for it is getting less )

I have attached some screenshots...

Cheers,
                          Shane
                          Might be related to what we're looking into now. What session template do you have applied to that chart, and what time zone is your PC set to?
                          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I am using Forex charts with the ‘default session template’ selected which is the just the 5pm EOD (see screenshot).

My PC date/time is set to “UTC +10 (Brisbane)”. My Ninjatrader setup is UTC -5 Eastern Time.

I sent all my logging and workspace files etc through to Chris a few hours ago on another issue, so they are available if helpful.

Otherwise I can replicate at will so am happy to try any solutions.

Cheers,
                            Shane
                            Attached Files

Comment

On a chart with two 10 tick candlestick plots of YM 12-15, there are lines appearing inside the candles of the second plot when chart properties are set to equidistant bar spacing. With non equidistant bar spacing candles do overwrite each other as would be expected with a time based horizontal scale on a tick bar chart.

If two identical but non time based price series of the same instrument are on a chart, it seems unnecessary for the horizontal spacing to default to time based...

Thanks, Ray.
                              Last edited by Ricam; 10-01-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes