Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome back, time gap

Here we go again..... CQG AMP connection

2016-01-03 22:42:12:853|1|2|Connecting to HDS server (HDS5.NinjaTrader.com/31655)
    Attached Files

Comment

Same exact thing happening tonight.
      When restarting Ninjatrader anytime after 7PM PST there is no backfill between 7PM and the time of the restart.
      Exact same setup as yesterday.
      Based on past experience, if I shut down now and restart tomorrow, there will not be a gap.
      So good night....

Comment

No data at all this time

As of 8:47PM PST there is no futures data coming over my AMP CQG connection. Charts end at 12:38PM PST, this (Tuesday) afternoon.

There are no gaps this time, because not only is there no backfill, there is also no live data. Charts do not work,nor does Load function of Historical Data tool.

Reload Historical Data on chart just hangs and does nothing.

Aside from that everything is working fine.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ricam; 01-06-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Hello Ricam,

Thank you for your post, glad to hear those items are resolved.

I see from your attached files you're still on beta version 8.0.0.6. Please update your installation at the link below and let me know if you see the same behavior.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...n-us/?beta.htm
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This bug just won't die

Running beta version 8..Computer was off overnight. Started Ninjatrader at around 7:00AM PST, then started NT8. Shut down NT8 and restarted it but for a while my data feeds were not connected and I was just reading help files, but then NT8 crashed... connection icon had been staying yellow and AMP CQG had never finished connecting.

When I restarted NT8 and reconnected at around 7:44AM there was no historical backfill for YM and ES between 7:08 and 7:44. This has not happened during day session trading hours since a long time ago, it frequently happens overnight.

Files attached, thanks
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ricam; 01-12-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

update on Jan 125 time gaps worse than I realized

If I right click on a chart to Reload All Historical Data, there is no backfill between 7:08 AM this morning PST and the time at which the Reload was requested.

Comment

Each time that I restart NT8, there is no futures backfill between 708 AM and the time of the restart, so the length of the time gap gets longer. Now it's almost an hour of missing historical data.

Please note that this is a CQG problem, whether using AMP or Ninjatrader Continuum Demo.
                Last edited by Ricam; 01-12-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

One of our historical data servers stopped recording data around the time you mentioned this morning. Connections have been redirected to another historical data server that has the missing historical data, so restart NT8 for that change to take effect. We will backfill the missing historical data onto the server that stopped recording during maintenance.
                  <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thanks, it's ok now

Reloading historical data fixed it without having to reconnect or restart.

Comment

I was able to restore data by stopping and then restarting. However, until I found this thread, I had difficulty piecing together what was going on. In particular, the missing time stamps messed up the horizontal axis scaling, which in turn messed up my indicator plot (which extends to the future).

It seems to me that in the case of missing data ticks at some interval (seconds? minutes?) should be in the data series, with null values, so that there is a visible gap, rather than just dropping the series entirely. In my case, I was using 2-minute bars so ideally I would see the gap based on 2-minute bars.

While I am still working with demo data, I now would like to know (or know where to look for) what happens when the realtime data stream is interrupted.
                      Thanks

Comment

it's BAAAACK

CQG historical data gapping has returned as of 11:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

I'm not seeing the same, what instrument are you looking at in particular? Also, if you check the Log tab while connected to CQG, what historical data server (will be reported as HDS there) are you connected to?
                          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Still having problem Server is HDS6.Ninjatrader.com/31655

instrument YM 03-16

approx 12 min gap each time I reload.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

I'm still not spotting a gap, both on my PC and a couple of my colleague's PCs. Specifically what time range is this gap appearing for you?

Comment

As of 830 AM PST, no backfill between 815 AM shutoff time and 825 AM reconnect time. Server is HDS6. All Globex instruments seem to be affected.
                                As usual this is a CQG issue.

Restarted at 838 AM. No problem now, backfill is continuous.

Yesterday was worst day ever for this problem. The problem persisted until almost the end of the day session. Please keep an eye on this recurrent issue. Thanks.
                                Last edited by Ricam; 01-13-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post elderan