B5 window bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5 window bug

I have four monitors and I use DisplayFusion software to manage them. After maximizing and then restoring any NT8 window it looks like on the picture attached (I had to archive the picture, sorry). NT7 doesn't have such a problem. I use Windows 10.

And one more bug. After adding and then enabling any sample strategy B5 crashes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by quicktrick; 10-27-2015, 02:12 AM.

Hi quicktrick,

Thanks for your report, I will investigate and let you know if I am able to reproduce this on my end. One question: do you mean the sample strategies will crash B5 only while DisplayFusion is open and running on your PC?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi, AlexC!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      One question: do you mean the sample strategies will crash B5 only while DisplayFusion is open and running on your PC?
      Unfortunately not. I closed DisplayFusion and removed all the processes related to it from the memory, and then tried again. B5 crashes anyway.

Without DisplayFusion NT8's windows work properly. But I don't have such a problem with any other program while using DisplayFusion.

Comment

Hi quicktrick,

Unfortunately I can't duplicate either issue you mentioned. Can you tell me about your PC specs, specifically the graphics card and processor?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi, AlexC!

Here is AIDA64 report about my computer. I can give you access to my computer via TeamViewer if you'd like.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by quicktrick; 10-06-2015, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Hello quicktrick,

If this is still persisting, can you please write in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with your log and trace files from the last time the crash happened when enabling a strategy? Also, please include a link to this forum post.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

Attach any log file associated with the last crash

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

Attach any trace file associated with the last crash
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Eric,

I found the error with strategy crash. When I installed NT8, even on clean computer without installed NT7 and without any old NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 folders in My Documents, it somehow added my own indicators I'm developing. I think it somehow added them from my Visual Studio project. I just looked into NinjaTrader 8 indicators folder and found there my own indicators for NT7 which I didn't add to NT8. I removed them from NT8 indicators folder and the error with strategies disappeared.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience but who would have thought it?

The other problem with NT8 windows still exists.

Comment

Hello! I installed beta 6 today. The NT windows are managed better in this version, the content is not duplicated on other Windows 10 desktops. But the bug with DisplayFusion described in the first post remains the same. I made a video showing the bug, please, take a look at it (see it in HD):

Update:
                And one more thing, that I haven't noticed at once. The 'Minimize' button in this version works as 'Maximize' button has to work -- it maximizes and restores the windows, but it doesn't minimize them.
                Last edited by quicktrick; 10-27-2015, 02:29 AM.

Comment

On the window issue just to clarify you remove DisplayFusion and it works correct? Just want to make sure its correctly narrowed down to 'DisplayFusion'.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                    On the window issue just to clarify you remove DisplayFusion and it works correct? Just want to make sure its correctly narrowed down to 'DisplayFusion'.
                    That's right, the problem only exists while DisplayFusion is working. But I don't have such an issue with any other application.

I have also started a discussion thread on this issue on DisplayFusion forum.

Comment

Ok thanks for confirming. In which case there may not be much we can do with that scenario unfortunately. Since we don't control the third party. If you can reproduce with just standard windows functions then that's something I could send to my Dev Team.

Comment

Returning to the window bug in beta 7. I'm glad to confirm that the Development team has fixed the bug substantially, but, unfortunately, not completely. Now maximize/restore and minimize buttons work properly. But when I double click the window title I see the same issue with detaching the window's canvas from its borders as I showed in the video in post 8 (here is my old link to the video: https://youtu.be/T9ipdu7GzS4). And after that happens I have to double click the window's title again to fix the problem. Please, consider this case and fix it as you fixed the issue with maximize/restore buttons.

Comment

Thanks for posting. If your seeing a small gap on the bottom and right edge of the chart on Maximize then I have this reported to development in NTEIGHT-9166. They will look into and report back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                          3 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post PaulMohn  
                          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post PaulMohn