Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Request Relocate Sounds Folder to Custom Folder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Request Relocate Sounds Folder to Custom Folder.

Would it be possible to relocate the sounds folder to to the custom folder.

I have several custom sounds that come with my products. It would be nice to be able to include these wav files in the install zip files.

I also believe these wav files would be "safer" in the Custom folder directory should a problem occur with the platform.

It would be nice to have all custom stuff located in the Custom folder tree.

Opinions for and against are welcome.

Thanks.
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Hi RJay,

I'll submit this suggestion to the development for consideration, if it is possible to implement at all.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by RJay View Post
      Would it be possible to relocate the sounds folder to to the custom folder.

I have several custom sounds that come with my products. It would be nice to be able to include these wav files in the install zip files.

I also believe these wav files would be "safer" in the Custom folder directory should a problem occur with the platform.

It would be nice to have all custom stuff located in the Custom folder tree.

Opinions for and against are welcome.

Thanks.
      You can locate sounds anywhere you wish. It just means that your code must call those sounds with the FQPN.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        You can locate sounds anywhere you wish. It just means that your code must call those sounds with the FQPN.
        Hi koganam,

I could do that for my computer but not for hundreds of client computers.

Maybe I can have duplicate sounds folders, one in each folder location.

Thanks,

RJay
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by RJay View Post
          Hi koganam,

I could do that for my computer but not for hundreds of client computers.

Maybe I can have duplicate sounds folders, one in each folder location.

Thanks,

RJay
          Even when I choose to use the default location, I would still have to copy the files into the location anyway, so I just provide the file and a custom cmd file to copy the files to the correct place.

I agree, it is not seamless, but until NT gives us the correct compiler line so that we can compile the gumball in the manner that they do when we import with a zip file, there is little that can be done otherwise. I am still trying to figure out that compiler line.

Comment

Yes, it should be easy to include sound files in the indicator zip. Let's hope it happens.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7  
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM