Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5: Unexpected behaviour with Drawing Objects window and default template

Hi

Forgive me if this is already addressed - I searched but couldn't find anything similar.

I'm experiencing unexpected behaviour from the Drawing Tools | Drawing Objects window when I have a default template. I see user-drawn rectangles morphing into other rectangles. Here are steps I use to illustrate the issue.

Run NT8 with one clean candlestick chart.
    Draw a rectangle. Set its properties and save a template Default.
    Draw another two rectangles.
    Right click on the chart and select Drawing Tools | Drawing Objects. You should see something like Rectangle 1, Rectangle 2 and Rectangle 3 listed.
    Press "OK".
    One rectangle disappears. Actually, it jumps into one of the others.
    Right click on the chart and select Drawing Tools | Drawing Objects. Now you see Rectangle 1 and two of Rectangle 3. The two "Rectangle 3" have the same data, including the tag, which I thought had to be unique.
    Press "OK".
    Draw another rectangle
    Right click on the chart and select Drawing Tools | Drawing Objects. Now you see another rectangle has jumped into the last-drawn.
    You can repeat this process and see every time "OK" is pressed in the Drawing Objects window, another rectangle jumps into the last-drawn rectangle.

It seems the rectangle(s) drawn before the default template was created are unaffected.

If I try to "Remove" rectangles from the Drawing Objects window, it works only if there is only one rectangle. If there are more, the rectangle being removed morphs into the last-drawn one.

Leaving the Drawing Objects window by clicking "Cancel" leaves the rectangles unchanged.

I quickly tried drawing ellipses and saw a similar behaviour when there is a Default template, but not when there is no template. Perhaps this applies to other user drawn chart objects.

Cheers
    Tony

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This issue will be resolved in the next release NinjaTrader 8 Beta 6. Once this version is available can you please test once again and let me know if you can reproduce using the same steps.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

After a quick test, this seems to be resolved.

Thanks,
      Tony

Comment

Glad to hear you are no longer able to reproduce the issue within Beta 6. Have a great day!
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
        0 responses